How do I piece together my iPhone backup after being recovered from hard drive?

Rjay036

May 12, 2016
Visit site
How to "piece" together my iphone backup after being recovered from hard drive

Hi. (its my first time here)

My windows 10 was acting up so i copied all my data off and decided to do a reset. It was only after that that i realized my iphone backup was on it. Now that wouldnt be a problem on a normal day as all i have to do is just backup my iphone again and il have a backup on my computer. Now here comes the twist, i sold my iphone last week and i have a new one so I dont have a working version as well. Anyway i immediately did a data recovery on my hard drive using recuva and i now have various files from my hard drive which all look greek to me. i did some research and then sorted the recovered data by file type and put the relevent files in the default location for backups. so the files are in the location but how can i make itunes "see" that the files are there. When i plug my iphone in it sets up as new and doesnt give me the option to restore from backup as i imagine itunes cant pick it up

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Re: How to "piece" together my iphone backup after being recovered from hard drive

Welcome to iMore

It's sounds like you have a dilemma. Check and see if the backup is in the right folder

You didn't mention if you also did an iCloud backup of your old device

Rjay036

May 12, 2016
Visit site
Re: How to "piece" together my iphone backup after being recovered from hard drive

Hi thanks for your response. Unfortunately i did not have a icloud backup and from what research i have done it seems to be in the right location. Is there a process involving itunes locating the backup or does it automatically detect the files? I really have no other ideas as to what to do so any suggestions will really be of great help to me. Thanks

Rjay036

May 12, 2016
Visit site

To anyone who was in the same situation I was in and needs help i recommend using a backup extractor software to get most of your data back. I ended up using iphone backup extractor by reincubate.

Managed to get my contacts, messages, whatsapp chats and all media like pictures and videos.

Had to use my email account to link my contacts but unfortunately could not import my whatsapp chats back to my phone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73