iTunes not showing any of my apps. Is this normal??

iwicked

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi good people.

I seem to have this strange problem with my iTunes. As you can see in the screenshot attached, when my iPhone is plugged in the box where all the apps should normally appear is empty. I know this isn't normal because i remember having it filled with apps before.

Should I worry about this? Or will it be fine when the next time I try to recover my iPhone through iTunes or transfer data to a new iPhone? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Fullscreen_19_4_2016__4_56_PM.jpg

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If the apps are not synced to iTunes and you're running El Capitan then that is exactly the view I get.

iwicked

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
I am running El Capitan. How do you sync apps though? Pardon me, I'm still a novice when it comes to iTunes.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm not using my MacBook at the moment, but since the apps are already on your iPhone, you may have to select the transfer purchases option. I'm not on my Mac so I'm not sure of the exact wording. Sorry.

iwicked

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
That's fine. Just tell me this, if I transfer the contents of the iPhone to another one (new iPhone let's say), will I lose my apps?

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
That's fine. Just tell me this, if I transfer the contents of the iPhone to another one (new iPhone let's say), will I lose my apps?

No, do not transfer purchases to a new phone. You'll be transferring purchases to iTunes on your Mac. If you were to get a new iPhone, you would simply login to the iTunes & App Store with the same Apple ID and passcode, and then redownload your app from the Purchased section of the iTunes & App Store.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2