This old 'file cannot be converted' problem, how can I fix it?

nikwak

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
This old 'file cannot be converted' problem

I know this is the bane of lots of people's lives on iTunes and it is sending me round the bend :)
I, like countless others, when syncing my iPhone with iTunes, get the 'file could not be converted' error message every time. I have Googled this so many times and tried all the solutions but none solve the problem. So, yesterday I decided to print a copy of all those files that couldn't be converted and I went into iTunes and manually converted them. There were 26 of them. I then synced the iPhone again and this time it came up with another 47 that couldn't be converted. So, I went into iTunes and manually converted them. Re-synced and this time another 8 were found - this went one until I lost the will to live!
My question is this: Why doesn't iTunes find ALL the files that cannot be converted on the one sync? So, after one sync I find I have say 200 files that I need to convert manually? Why does it always find files at every sync? If they were not picked up on one sync why are they now being picked up on the next sync? And why when I have a full album of tracks is one of those tracks unable to convert? Surely they are all the same type of file on that album?
I have NEVER (in 8 years) been able to put all the music I would like on to my iPhone or iPod - there is always a problem. And I know I am not the only person who has this. Is Apple not interested in trying to solve this for its users?
Anyway, if anyone has an idea of what I can try next then please let me know before I give up all hope :)
Nick

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
This old 'file cannot be converted' problem

Unfortunately, I have no clue. But maybe my comment will bump it up so someone more knowledgeable than me will see it. Hang in there! We care about you!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2