Why don't I see all of my iTunes music purchases in iTunes?

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
iTunes music purchases

I have 102 purchased songs from iTunes, on my iPhone.
When I go into iTunes, click on purchased, and open music.
Only 85 songs show as purchased. Yet, when I go into the music app on my iPhone, I see all 102 songs purchased.
I have gone into the iTunes Store, and I see the music as being purchased.
I am just puzzled as to why there is a discrepancy between the two.
Thanks for any solutions.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: iTunes music purchases

I don't know what to tell you, but I'm interested in reading or hearing a legitimate explanation, especially from Apple. Speaking of Apple, have you tried contacting Apple Support about the discrepancy?

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site

Thanks, I'll find the link to Apple support and ask them. I doubt it will get me very far, but I appreciate your reply just the same.

phessler

May 3, 2011
Visit site

I just had this happen to me. I ended up having to unhide my purchases. I believe i had to do this one album at a time. There is a button on the bottom of the screen that read "unhide".

First you have to go into your account and under iTunes in the Cloud you see Hidden Purchases. Click on Manage.

By the way I have no idea why it got like this.

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site

I don't have a pc, so everything I do is either on my phone or iPad. Apple support wasn't much help, the rep did her best.
And she connected me to the iTunes people, I hung up because of the long wait time. So what's odd, everything was back in place after the call.
Maybe a glitch, or maybe they found something. With the exception of one song everything is back in place.
The one song that shows missing is within the music app on the phone. The iTunes purchase shows up fine, so that's a little strange as to why that is.
But I am not about to dig through over a 100 files to find which one.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73