Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Question

Default Updating large apps via iTunes/Sync

Hi, just a quick question, something that I used to do with iTunes doesn't seem to be working anymore, was just wondering if anyone could shed some light on it, and as I suspect, tell me what I'm missing or cannot see?

When I get big updates on my phone (more than 2gig for example), I always used to download it via iTunes (and all the rest of the updates), and when I did a 'sync', it would transfer them to my phone and overwrite the old versions.

Nowadays, I can get iTunes to download all the updates, which is fine, but when I 'sync', it doesn't update/overwrite the apps on my phone?

I Imagine this is just a tick box, something that's changed, or something I've changed, whichever I cannot for the life of me find out how to get it to do this again.

Any help would be appreciated

iMore Genius

20,845 Posts

Default Re: Updating large apps via iTunes/Sync

There's no option that I know of to change... iTunes still works for me as it always has... if the apps in my iTunes library on computer are newer than what's on the phone - they get transferred to the phone...and if newer on the phone, they sync to the iTunes library on computer.