Apple Music -- How do I access songs/albums from iTunes Store?

philrodo

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Apple Music -- How do I access songs/albums from iTunes Store

I thought once you subscribe to Apple music, you get access to the entire iTunes library. So I go to the iTunes Store and find an album I'm interested in. How do I get to play it? All I get are the song previous. Interestingly, I have no problem listening to songs or adding them to my collection from the New option, but I can't do the same from the iTunes Store. What gives?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Apple Music -- How do I access songs/albums from iTunes Store

You can download songs to offline. Add them to a playlist. But they are not yours to keep. If you discontinue your subscription, you lose those songs. You keep those that are yours. If you purchase a song then you keep it. Does that answer your concern?

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Re: Apple Music -- How do I access songs/albums from iTunes Store

You get them from your music app. Top right u will see an hourglass. Search for what you want. iTunes is to buy. Music to stream.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

philrodo

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site

You get them from your music app. Top right u will see an hourglass. Search for what you want. iTunes is to buy. Music to stream.

Thanks, but there are albums that I find in the iTunes Store that are not available in the music app. So either the advertising that says you get access to the entire Apple music collection is false or there has to be a way to download stuff from the iTunes Store...

philrodo

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site

You can download songs to offline. Add them to a playlist. But they are not yours to keep. If you discontinue your subscription, you lose those songs. You keep those that are yours. If you purchase a song then you keep it. Does that answer your concern?

Thanks for the feedback. I realize that these songs are not yours to keep unless you continue your monthly subscription. But how do you download the songs from the iTunes Store to offline? I have not found a way to do this and all the Apple literature I've seen on this topic is silent about downloading music from the iTunes Store. Have you been able to do this? If so, how?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Thanks for the feedback. I realize that these songs are not yours to keep unless you continue your monthly subscription. But how do you download the songs from the iTunes Store to offline? I have not found a way to do this and all the Apple literature I've seen on this topic is silent about downloading music from the iTunes Store. Have you been able to do this? If so, how?

There should be an option that says, "Download to Offline". I don't subscribe. I have Music turned off.

philrodo

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback. But I certainly don't see an option to download the song or album without first buying it. I guess, I'm going to have to call Apple support. This should be a non-brainer; I don't understand why they've made it so complicated...

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback. But I certainly don't see an option to download the song or album without first buying it. I guess, I'm going to have to call Apple support. This should be a non-brainer; I don't understand why they've made it so complicated...

Reread what phreddyl said above.

philrodo

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Reread what phreddyl said above.

Yes, I understand that. But the iTunes Store contains albums and music not found in the music app. Apple says that their entire music collection is available when you subscribe to Apple's Music service. I have not read of a distinction being made between the songs that are available in the music app and those in the iTunes Store as being different and distinct collections. Either Apple's advertising is wrong and misleading or I should be able to access music only found in the iTunes Store.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I understand that. But the iTunes Store contains albums and music not found in the music app. Apple says that their entire music collection is available when you subscribe to Apple's Music service. I have not read of a distinction being made between the songs that are available in the music app and those in the iTunes Store as being different and distinct collections. Either Apple's advertising is wrong and misleading or I should be able to access music only found in the iTunes Store.

There are some left out if Music. Like the Beatles music. You have to buy that. But it's not that many. There's still millions of songs to choose.

philrodo

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
There are some left out if Music. Like the Beatles music. You have to buy that. But it's not that many. There's still millions of songs to choose.

Thanks. But it's more than just the Beatles albums that cannot be found in the Music app. I was looking for Katie Melua's albums and her new releases are only in the iTunes Store. There were some more I came across as well that I could only find in the iTunes Store.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. But it's more than just the Beatles albums that cannot be found in the Music app. I was looking for Katie Melua's albums and her new releases are only in the iTunes Store. There were some more I came across as well that I could only find in the iTunes Store.

There's nothing Apple can do if the Artist refuses to play with Music. I imagine more will be added going forward. It's still in the infant stage. But some just won't participate, which is the case with the Beatles music. Give Apple feedback and ask them to include Katie Melua's songs.

https://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html#mn_p

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

Like Ledsteplin said, some artists/labels don't want their music be available on Apple Music. They refuse to make their songs available for streaming. This can have many reasons that are unknown to us. Apple is still negotiating with labels and artists to add music to Apple Music, though. For example: I had over 2000 songs that was uploaded to iCloud Music Library a few weeks ago and yesterday when I was checking those songs for tagging errors from my side, I noticed more than 75% of them were changed from 'uploaded' status to 'Apple Music' status.

If you have Spotify (free or paid doesn't matter), you can go check to see if Katie Melua's songs are available there. If so, it will become also available very soon on Apple Music. Give it some time.

To answer your question, it's not possible to add music from the iTunes Store to your library for listening. Like already said, iTunes is to buy, Apple Music to stream.

I hope this answer satisfies you

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77