Pay on iTunes without Credit Card?

OrbitualNoob

May 2, 2014
Visit site
Okay, so this is kind of frustrating me right now...
I want to pre-order an album on iTunes, which is the only store it's available on right now. So I go to iTunes, and click buy. It asks for my payment information, and I notice that every single option is some kind of Credit Card payment. (Because apparently PayPal on iTunes is only available in the US). So I decide to buy myself an iTunes Gift Card online. I redeem it on iTunes, everything is fine, but when I go to buy the album, it says I need to enter my payment info. Again, just the Credit Card options, even though I can SEE my iTunes balance is ?10,00. This is kind of frustrating, seeing as I just paid ?12,- to buy that ?10,- card, and it's STILL asking me for a Credit Card (which I don't have, in case you haven't noticed yet). Can anyone help me with this?
Much appreciated!

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Pre-Paid Credit Card, not sure, I've never had that issue before, hopefully someone else will chime in.

boltz82

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Definitey a prepaid card. I have thought about getting one that I can reload just for these types of situations.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I just maintain a balance on my AppleID via iTunes gift cards...add to it when I want to make a major purchase.

OrbitualNoob

May 2, 2014
Visit site
I just maintain a balance on my AppleID via iTunes gift cards...add to it when I want to make a major purchase.

That's what I did. I bought a gift card, redeemed it, and I have more than enough balance to pay for the album. It still wants a payment method verification from me, meaning it's still asking for a credit card.

OrbitualNoob

May 2, 2014
Visit site
Pre-Paid Credit Card, not sure, I've never had that issue before, hopefully someone else will chime in.

Yeah, I've been thinking about that, but I already have enough on my iTunes balance to buy the album (I bought a giftcard), it just seems to want a credit card for verification. So I'd be buying a pre-paid credit card just so iTunes will stop asking me for verification so I can use the balance I already have because I bought a gift card.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
You could try logging out of the iTunes store and logging back in... It might be that there's a lag at the moment between Apple's back-end accounting systems.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73