How can I get Hi Res Sound on my iPhone?

Jim Sellers

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Hi Res Sound on iPhone

I'm excited about the new VOX music player which is available today in the App Store. I'm using it as my default player on my Mac for AIFF, FLAC and WAV files as well as my iTunes. I have been frustrated in not being able to play hi-res music on the iPhone when this feature is on HTC and Sony phones. My question: is Apple finally making hi quality sound available to the masses and will they eventually offer 24 bit music on iTunes? Will iMore look into this relatively new field and find out what Apple's plans are?

Julia_VOX

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Re: Hi Res Sound on iPhone

Hi Jim,

As we know, iTunes doesn't offer more then 16 bit on iPhone and doesn't plan in the nearest future.
VOX supports this files and our customers tell us that 24 bit music files sound a lot better in VOX for iPhone than 16 bit in iTunes :)

Hope you have a chance to check it out!

Julia_VOX

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site

Hi Keith,

It's a message from your reader. He really wants to know the information about the quality of sound on iPhone & iTunes.
As for us - we sent the suggestion to check our VOX for iPhone to your email. Thanks!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Hi Jim,

As we know, iTunes doesn't offer more then 16 bit on iPhone and doesn't plan in the nearest future.
VOX supports this files and our customers tell us that 24 bit music files sound a lot better in VOX for iPhone than 16 bit in iTunes :)

Hope you have a chance to check it out!

Please take a moment to read both the Community Rules & Guidelines as well as the App and Developer Forum Rules & Guidelines. Thanks, and welcome to iMore...;)