How can I sync my girlfriends iPhone to my PC without her losing her information?

Mercury

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
dead old laptop, and figuring out how to sync stuff to iphone

hey guys,

long time Crackberry user (don't hate on me as I still use my Blackberry Z10 LOL)

My fiancee and I came into an interesting situation last night.

She has an iphone and it was synced with her laptop, her laptop died and I have my computer still up and running.

The situation comes up because I have an ipad and she has her iphone, my ipad is connected to my computer already and dare I say, music ripped or purchased from other sources than Apple.

With her laptop dead, she tried to sync her iphone to my computer to load some christmas music that I had ripped from CD's. but when she connects her iphone to my computer, it says it is synced with another itunes library and can delete her stuff and sync with this library.

She doesn't want to loose her pictures and media she has on her phone because it's all stuff from a now dead laptop especially the pictures.

Is there a way around this?

I have read that I can copy the old itunes library from the dead laptop to my computer, but #1, I haven't taken out the old drive to back it up, and #2, will copying that old library to my library kill my library?

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Re: dead old laptop, and figuring out how to sync stuff to iphone

Haven't used iTunes is so long. I would say the best thing to do would be to create a profile for her on your laptop and then copy over her old stuff. Don't mix with your because it will cause a mess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mercury

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: dead old laptop, and figuring out how to sync stuff to iphone

so making her a profile on my computer should allow it to to sync with no issues? She just wants to make sure before we do anything that it doesn't override her current stuff on her phone. We will play with it this weekend.

Thanks

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox