iTunes Radio disappearing stations

David Erato

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
Anybody else notice a fair amount of iTunes Radio stations changing/disappearing?

I had several stations saved (Motown/Funk/kids classical, to name a few) and now they're just gone. Today while listening to Sesame Street radio it just stopped playing and vanished. That was a really good station too. These are the preloaded stations, not user created by artist. I mainly listen on the Apple TV.

Airplay has been working like crap too, for the longest time. That, coupled with Apple's exclusion of various paid streaming services(Rdio/spotify/panfora) but inclusion of others (netflix/Hulu/beats) makes me really want to check out a roku.

Sent from my iDevice using Tapatalk. Please excuse typos and brevity.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
My radio stations are still in place, but I did notice a new one (Pop Hits) listed among them that I did not create. I've since deleted it and we'll monitor on occasion to see if it or any others reappear.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I've had a few stations disappear on me as well. For example a few that I can remember off the top of my head are "3 of a kind-Miley Cyrus & other artists", "3 of a kind- Lourde & other artists", "Summertime pop songs", "Summertime alternative songs".....

Those are just a few I can recall, I did have a couple more but now I can't remember what stations they were.

But, upon those disappearing I was able to find other stations that "replaced" a couple of them. The summer ones I haven't found replacements for. I'm guessing with the whole redesign of iOS and OS X, Apple decided to revamp their stations and icons for the stations as well. It's the only thing that makes sense to me ATM.....

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I lost 5 of the 8 stations I had. Does this have anything to do with Apple's Beats acquisition? There's not as much available now that I like. It sure was nice of Apple to remove the stations we picked. Wonder who's brilliant idea that was?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414803765.779064.jpg

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Last edited:

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I just checked and I lost 10 of my 20 stations that I had saved
They also changed the sub-genre stations too.

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

David Erato

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
It seems some of them have returned, at least the kid ones that I have to pay attention to. With new logos too.

Sent from my iDevice using Tapatalk. Please excuse typos and brevity.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73