How do you delete podcasts in ITunes 11.4?

pursuant

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
I've seen there is no way to manually delete podcast in Itunes 11.4.0. In fact I have found many people frustrated with the new version and wanting to revert to 10.7. My question is just how are podcast supposed to get deleted in 11.4?? There must be a way to get rid of old ones. I thought that if they were marked played that got rid of them, but no. Anyone have any suggestions or where I could get info on this process?

Thanks

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
1. Initiate the iTunes app on your computer and then go to the page containing your downloaded podcasts.
2. Bring the cursor to hover over the podcast to be deleted. Doing so will reveal a little arrow.

Screen Shot 2014-10-08 at 10.13.16 AM.png

3. Tap on the little arrow.

Screen Shot 2014-10-08 at 10.13.28 AM.png

4. Now select "Delete Download" from the drop down menu that appears.

Screen Shot 2014-10-08 at 10.13.43 AM.png

pursuant

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
Great, thanks so much. One question. When I delete the podcast should it vanish from my list? or does it get deleted when I sync again. Right now it shows the podcast still being there after I deleted it.

pursuant

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
That didn't do it, I still have the podcasts . I also made sure that the auto delete was on after episodes were played. That doesn't work either. I already did a reinstall just to cover the bases. What do you think about installing a previous version, say 10.7?

pursuant

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
Ok, it seems I was trying to delete files that were not on my pc. When I changed the setting to show unplayed episodes instead of "feed" I was able to delete the podcasts. Thanks so much for your help. How do you find this information. I assume there is no operating manual for Itunes that would cover this type of information?

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Ok, it seems I was trying to delete files that were not on my pc. When I changed the setting to show unplayed episodes instead of "feed" I was able to delete the podcasts. Thanks so much for your help. How do you find this information. I assume there is no operating manual for Itunes that would cover this type of information?

Don't know if this will be of any help to you, but might give some tips.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...=y4lQPOWWQSXUj-BRbs4-Lw&bvm=bv.77161500,d.aWw

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner