Sign in as different user?

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
So this is hard to explain but I will try... A few years ago a friend gave me an Eminem album on a flash drive- I put it into itunes and forgot about it. Every time I got a new phone this weird apple Id would pop up and I was like uhm no thats not me and sign in with mine. When I was at the apple store last week replacing a broken 5s- the lady helping me said that comes up when you at one point "dragged and dropped" music from someone else in your iTunes library. That's when I remembered the album and realized who's id that was. I decided to delete the album from both my iTunes library on my computer as well as on my phone- I re synced and it still asks me for the password- It goes away when I hit cancel but I want to get rid of it all together. So I have his password- but I dont want to sign in as him... I could if it makes it go away... Any suggestions? It does seem to have gotten worse with ios 8- It used to only ask me once when I used the phone for the first time. now it happens more often

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Any chance of removing all usable data from iTunes and delete ITunes as well as all connected files and start off fresh

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Any chance of removing all usable data from iTunes and delete ITunes as well as all connected files and start off fresh

Wow really? Is that the only way? If so its not worth it lol- I will just keep hitting cancel... I deleted from itunes and deleted the folder with the music associated with it- thought that was enough

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
what if i just enter his password and let the music download again- think it would solve the problem? would I then have to sign out and sign back in as me?

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I signed in as him and it downloaded the album again- it stayed on my apple ID so that's good I guess... I am not sure I can convert them- I deleted them from my computer thinking that would help. Hopefully this did it and it wont keep asking me for it

KiwiGrrl

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I used it once and canceled. But I had a lot of music, due to the whole country specific store thing. I bought a lot of stuff that I wouldn't have been able to purchase in the US before I left New Zealand and, of course, I had to create a new ID to use in the US store. Match made my life a lot simpler and it was well worth the $20. Maybe not for a single album though...