Backing up iTunes from iPhone

iwicked

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi folks,

I bought a new Macbook Pro and I transfered all files from my old Windows laptop to an external HDD. However, I did not make proper backup of my old iTunes files. I don't have access to my old laptop anymore.

Now, I don't want to lose the music playlists, ebooks, etc. I have on my iPhone. How do I transfer these (playlists and ebooks) to iTunes without losing anything? I still do not know my way properly through iTunes and photostream, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried plugging the hard drive into the mac then open iTunes and add the files that way? I make no guarantees but thats what I would try

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
If you were synching to iCloud, you can sync the new computer to iCloud and may pick up playlists that way.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
As above worse comes to worse you can set up iTunes on the Mac and then import all the music into iTunes that way.

iwicked

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestions guys. Basically what the problem seems to be is that my iPhone is still synced with the library on my old laptop. Now when I try to sync it with my Mac iTunes, it warns me that all data will be erased if I sync it with this library, overwriting the library sync on my previous laptop.

I can create the playlists again (arduous process though it is) since I have all the songs. But I have lots of books on ibooks and I read them all simultaneously. Meaning, I am in different chapters in different books. So, I don't want to erase those and start fresh. Any way of keeping those bookmarks or any other way of transferring content from ibooks?

Designed4Him

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
Not that I'm aware of the same thing happened to me when I went from my PC to Mac. It wiped both my iPad and iPhone and my husband's iPhone.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
It's not really a big deal...just a matter of synching to the 'new' library then restore a back-up... I've done it a few times...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711