Is it possible to add mp3s to iPhone without iTunes?

gameson

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Lets say I have offline mp3 files, but on my laptop, i do not have iTunes. My iTunes library that I sync with my iPhone is on my desktop.

The only way i know to add new mp3s to an iPhone is to add mp3s to iTunes library then sync. In this case, i connect my iPhone to my desktop.

But if i have new mp3s and I am nowhere close to my desktop, is it possible to add mp3s to the iPhones using my laptop (my laptop do not have the iTunes library that sync with the iPhone)? I can't add the same iTunes library from desktop to laptop because my laptop HD space is limited.

Thanks.

gameson

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, but I don't want to pay for iTunes Match and I only have 1 Apple device, so having Match is useless.

If I use a Dropbox, it would only play in Dropbox, but i have no way to add it to Music app and put in a playlist, something like that, right?

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Thanks, but I don't want to pay for iTunes Match and I only have 1 Apple device, so having Match is useless.

If I use a Dropbox, it would only play in Dropbox, but i have no way to add it to Music app and put in a playlist, something like that, right?

Unless you jailbreak the iPhone first of all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

gameson

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Thank you all, no jailbreak for me. And I think dropbox is a no go for me as if i have the mp3s files, i just play it on my laptop whenever i m on the road.

Usually I have new mp3 while i m on the road (shared from friends, copied to laptop). So even then, Match is still no use to sync to iPhones because the mp3 is still on my laptop and i have no access to desktop because whenever i m on the road, my desktop is powered off (offline).

I thought that it is not possible, but want to check it first as I am no Apple expert.

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
You could use an app like Readles's Documents 5. Either email the mp3 to your phone or use Document's built in WiFi transfer. If you email the file you can "Open In" option to Documents. The app has a media player which plays in the background and even has AirPlay. There are many iOS media players which will show up as an "Open In" option, but Documents WiFi transfer could work directly between your laptop and phone and is quicker. You'll have to create an Ad-Hoc WiFi network on your laptop and connect your phone to it, or use someone else's WiFi.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR