iTunes, iphone and ipad with windows sync photos question

chrisdlong

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi all, just wondering how you all sync your photos.. I always used iTunes which was fine UNTIL onedrive took over my windows laptop, now it syncs everything including the massive always changing iPod photo cache folders which is taking up loads of space on onedrive and also takes forever to sync.. What's my best alternative method of syncing the photos taken on my devices to the laptop now? Any suggestions welcomed

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums mobile app

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I basically do backups - one to iCloud and one via iTunes. My photos are uploaded to OneDrive and on my external drive.

Derrick4Real

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
My goal is to "Backup" more than it is to "sync." I basically have a Master "Photos" folder on my external drive, a "photos" folder on OneDrive which is viturally identical to the folder on the external drive. Then i have separate folder in OneDrive where camera roll photos go if you hit sync.

Occasionally i'll hit "sync" and it will backup my camera role. Then i sort and copy them to the photos folder. by the way the onedrive photos folder is full of like 50 sub folders organized by topic. I can't have just a mass of 10k photos i'm too anal for that.

I normally don't want all my photos just the good ones so, i'll also just go into the onedrive app and copy specific pics directly to the folders. I also delete backed up photos from my camera roll. That means i can hit sync again and it i won't be filling up my all that space. Especially since i've moved photos out of that camera backup folder on onedrive. Granted i've got like 50gbs of space in Onedrive since i've had the account a long time and i'm close to the limit. I do wish onedrive app wouldn't quit in the background or as soon as the screen goes black. it defeats the purpose. But i solve the issues by taking control of the back ups.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77