Have You Ever Used iTunes Gift Cards?

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I do not use them for myself but I have given many iTunes gift cards to friends than i care to remember - In a good way of course. I know pretty much what my friends like for their phone and they are too cheap to buy them...#smh so I buy them and give them out. I think I have bought maybe 30 - 40 gift cards of varying $$s. Well worth the gift.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Yup, I'd go broke if I attached a CC or paypal account to my Apple ID lol

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
That's the only thing I use on the App/iTunes store. They don't need my credit info so they can eventually loose it. Besides iTunes cards go on sale from time to time.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I haven't actually. I've got a CC on file and just use that. Since I'm fairly new to iPhone, I don't think anyone would think to gift me one either.

?Sent from space using Tapatalk.?

anon4757448

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Yes. Although I have a cc linked to iTunes, I love when people give me gift cards. I've given them out and also gifted apps to people.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Oh yes. I buy them for my kids for Xmas, Easter, birthdays and whenever I feel like being extra nice. It's my way of regulating how much they spend and they love it. I don't use them for my personal purchases though. That just goes on my cc.

Sent using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I have, and I had no problems using them and neither did the people I bought some for.

jlarkins08

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I do! That's how I manage my monthly expenses on iTunes.. I don't like to put my credit card on file for any buisness.. so when I want to buy something I get a $25 iTunes card and that normally last me a while maybe 2 months or so..

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

smelton3

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
I only use gift cards on iTunes. I had my password compromised on iTunes a few years ago. An app was purchased and racked up over $80.00 in in app purchases. I was so glad I did not have a cc on file. That experience just reinforced my use of gift cards on iTunes.
Customer Service was awesome by the way. My account was credited within hours.

Sent from my AT&T LTE iPad Air. White in color of course. Or my iPhone 5s. Gold of course.

Netforza

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
I purchased a gift card when I was traveling in Netherlands and when I tried to use it I found out that I can use it only in the Dutch marketplace.
So now I see all the app store news in Dutch :D
Now my question is if I bought some applications from the Dutch marketplace and I switch back to my local marketplace. Will the purchased apps remain on my iPad?

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Always. I buy them on sale and activate them on my iTunes account when I need to. I keep between $10 and $25 on my iTunes account. When I dip below $10, I activate another card. The biggest advantages are (1) buy them on sale, so I save money, and (2) I don’t have a credit card on file with my iTunes account.

Algus

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I love cash shop gift cards, including iTunes cards. Why? Because you can find deals all the time online to purchase them for less than face value. Great way to save money.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro