iTunes Match Help!

F0REVERY0UNG-

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
I hope I'm posting this in the right place, I'm not sure if it belongs here or in "iCloud".

I'm having a problem with iTunes Match. Whenever I'm on cellular it won't even show my music, it says that there is no content. iTunes Match will only play my music if I download the songs from iCloud beforehand. Is this right, does iTunes Match not stream music on cellular?

Sent from my Beautiful Gold iPhone using iMore Forums

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
No iTunes Match is not streaming. iTunes Radio is. Match allows you to always have access to your synced or purchased music via the cloud but it does have to be downloaded. But to have it via cellular you need to make sure that's enabled in the settings. But be careful because you can burn through data downloading music.

Kaitokomauri

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I had the same problem with the Podcasts app and Spotify. I am on unlimited cellular data plan so I don't mind downloading my entire library of songs/podcasts. To enable cellular data for the Music app (as well as for any other app), go to Settings > Cellular and then enable the Switch next to the respective app.

HOWEVER, in some cases, there is an extra step you have to take by going to the respective app settings and enable cellular data from there too. This is true for the Podcasts app

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods