What Is Your Main Reason For Using iTunes?

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
We all have our reasons for iTunes and what we do with it. I myself use it to back up my iDevices as I just feel safer that way and install new software. I hardly ever use it for music anymore even though I have a vast Library but that is mainly for my iPod. What about you?

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Syncing music and apps to my iOS devices, restoring my iOS devices and recently my music player on my computer (mini player is awesome).

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Syncing apps after restores as it's quicker. Restoring my devices if there are issues and syncing music. I've also set iTunes as my default music and video player on my PC.

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
It has housed all my music since 2002. That is why I use it. It has always worked well for me over the years on both Mac and Windows platforms. No good reason to change.

1 f IV

Last edited:

F0REVERY0UNG-

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
I only use it to keep my music organized and tagged properly for last.fm these days. I purchased iTunes Match, so I don't have to synch anything to my phone or iPad anymore.

Sent from my Beautiful Gold iPhone using iMore Forums

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I just use it to transfer music videos and ringtones I create and keep an eye on my Other Size

iMore Ambassador -iPhone 5s

Dennisgarcia

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Strictly for music. I don't ever back up my iPhone. I have AT&T for my contacts back up and I remember all my apps so if I ever did a restore I would remember all the apps I had. I have 1300 songs in my iPhone so iTunes is pivotal that I don't lose any of these songs.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Derrick4Real

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
  • transfer songs to my iphone & ipod & Nano.
  • I love the layout (sidebar to left, column browser open with genre,artist albums columns), and a text only list of songs underneath. It's well organized
  • If i'm sitting at my desk i'll play music with it but i use "media player classic" as my default mp3 viewer cause it loads instantly and is lightweight. Sometimes i'm browsing in windows explorer or some other app and i want the file to play without waiting 15 seconds for bloated itunes to load.

What i hate is it's unbearably slow, you can't batch read playlists, and seems wholely designed for people that don't have lots of music of which I don't know those people. All my peers are the kind that accumulate music. I think it's totally tedious in some areas like it's proclivity for telling you if you do something it's going to erase everything on your phone. I fricken hate that.

In many cases Media Monkey works much better with my iphone and isn't nearly as temperamental or interested in erasing my phone. Itunes has also corrupted my iphone library numerous times. And corrupted files when copying. I've found out that when that was happening, copying the same file with media monkey didn't corrupt the file but copying with itunes did. In the end the solution was to local all the library and music and associated files on my iphone and completely erase them and do the same on my computer with itunes, and i mean everything, libraries, backups, hidden files, profile files. Utter pain in the ***.

Honestly every iphone update goes away from what i like, towards needless eyecandy and hiding the functional stuff. With 11 you had to jump through hoops just to get the layout traditional. I think if you have like only 20 albums all the pictures and colors are great. but with large collections it's just in the way. I suspect they'll continue to make it less functional especially considering there are issues with itunes that have been around for as long as it existed that apple refuses to change. Like monitoring a folder on an external drive. Shoot Winamp did that in 1999. You know like monitor folder on this drive an update in the background? That's not difficult considering it can read gapless playback info in the background. But i anticipate in the future they'll make a new itunes, possibly this year, and i'm preparing myself for the possibility that it's not aimed at me and that i need to find another tool. Tagging mp3s i use other tools Tag & Rename. Video "VLC" or "media player classic"

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh