I exported songs to .mp3 format via iTunes, but cannot find the exported songs.

BBFunGuy

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
Hello!

My dad uses iTunes, and wants the music on his Kindle. He has been trying to 'sync' the music, but after 2 days has given up.

I selected a bunch of his music, chose export as mp3. iTunes shows as being busy, and makes dumb tone, presumably signifying completion of task.

Searching for mp3 in files, there are none. This is why I do not use iTunes, but was hoping any issues with proprietary formatting might have improved.

Help my dad!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hello!

My dad uses iTunes, and wants the music on his Kindle. He has been trying to 'sync' the music, but after 2 days has given up.

I selected a bunch of his music, chose export as mp3. iTunes shows as being busy, and makes dumb tone, presumably signifying completion of task.

Searching for mp3 in files, there are none. This is why I do not use iTunes, but was hoping any issues with proprietary formatting might have improved.

Help my dad!

He cannot "sync" his iTunes music to his "Kindle". As for the exported songs, they should appear right in your music library. Do you not see any duplicate song titles? One in m4a format and the other in mp3 format?

BBFunGuy

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. That is what I thought, for whatever reason, iTunes folder tree is a mess. Going to do a clean install of iTunes.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Was the computer updated to Win 8? In Windows 8 the place where the iTunes media is kept changes.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Airwaysoffices