Album Art with Itunes match question...

quamdar

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
So I used to have Google Play (Android convert here) and downloaded a lot of songs when I had it. When I got my iPhone I downloaded my library and imported it to itunes, no problems at all. Except one... My album art is not all VERY low quality. It is all correct still but it just really bothers me that I paid all this money for songs and now the cover art looks like crap.

What I want to know is if there is already cover art present for a song will itunes match replace it with their version? Assuming the songs all sync up, which they should since it is all pretty main stream.

I am more than willing to pay the $25 to have crisp looking art again, I just don't want to pay the money just to find out that I am stuck with the same low quality art. Thanks.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Not 100% sure on the album art but I can say mine is all fine. I know when you have iTunes Match you get the iTunes version of the music if they have it, most of the time it's better quality than ripping a disc. I think out of all my music, 1000's of songs I have 2 albums that don't have artwork.

quamdar

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
You should be able to get artwork without iTunes Match. Make a copy of some test tracks and add them to iTunes. Right click and select Get info. Go to the last tab for artwork and select the artwork and delete it. Close the Get Info window. Right click again on the test tracks and there should be an option to get album artwork. Try it and see if it works.

Will I have that option without having itunes match? Not that it is that big of a deal since it is only $25 but I would rather not spend the money just to check it out and find out it doesn't work.

Not on my home computer so can't try it right now for myself, haha

tuneupmdia

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
Its all depends on what iTunes version you're running. If you using iTunes 11 or higher, click on File -Library -Get Album Artwork. And for older iTunes versions , you can use Advanced menu and then get Album Artwork.

Last edited: