How many people actually buy their music and not just download it from the Internet?

jaleelhamid

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
How many people actually buy their music and not just download it from the Internet? I am really curious how many people support iTunes/Artists. I for one definitely buy my songs. I like the album art plus all the info that comes with the track. Is their much of a difference of quality between iTunes songs and pirated songs?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
It's all in how the "pirated" music was acquired - if ripped from CD - one can use settings that yield files with specs identical to what iTunes serves up... and the quality only depends upon the mastering of the CD in the first place... my library is a combo of iTunes purchases and tunes ripped from CD... I also used iTunes match, and "converted" all my ripped content to iTunes quality...

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
How many people actually buy their music and not just download it from the Internet? I am really curious how many people support iTunes/Artists. I for one definitely buy my songs. I like the album art plus all the info that comes with the track. Is their much of a difference of quality between iTunes songs and pirated songs?

iTunes songs are legit and pirated songs are probably just recordings. It depends where the pirated songs came from.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
It's all in how the "pirated" music was acquired - if ripped from CD - one can use settings that yield files with specs identical to what iTunes serves up... and the quality only depends upon the mastering of the CD in the first place... my library is a combo of iTunes purchases and tunes ripped from CD... I also used iTunes match, and "converted" all my ripped content to iTunes quality...

iTunes Match is a nice service.

jaleelhamid

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
iTunes Match is perfect for me. I never buy albums I just buy sings individually because not like I like the entire album

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Combination of both, if the song or album is really good I'll buy it on iTunes, if I kind of like a song I look else where for it. But sometimes there are songs that I what to buy but are not available on iTunes in Canada (but they are in the UK store...) and I have to look elsewhere. But if I notice those songs one day in the iTunes Store in Canada I buy them and delete the ones I got elsewhere. My view is at the very least support your favourite artists and buy their songs or albums (plus mastered for iTunes albums sound a lot better than other sources).

Sent from my 5th gen iPod Touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I rarely buy from iTunes, I usually find a better deal on Google Music or Amazon MP3. Between that, various mixtapes, and CD rips that's probably 98% of my library

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
All of my music is legal. None is pirated.

Most of it is from Amazon because it tends to be less expensive. Some from iTunes. Some from CDs that I own.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I haven't purchased any music or videos from iTunes ....yet. I use Amamzon MP3, they seem to be a lot cheaper, especially the "The Best of" or Greatest hits" type albums

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
iTunes music..

I would stream all my music but I would need a 50 GB data plan and a battery that lasts 3 times longer when streaming audio and LTE everywhere I go. Since I can't get any of the above in Canada I'll stick to my locally stored music option.

Sent from my 5th gen iPod Touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

anon(5719825)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
A huge amount of my music was downloaded from the net. I have over 13,000 songs. About 3500 was bought in iTunes. I subscribe to iTunes Match and have replaced all the downloaded copied with actual iTunes copies. Some of that 13000 was also from CDs I ripped.

Most of the music I bought as collections such as the Complete U2 when it was offered and some others. I didn't pay $3500 for all that music. I would say it was less than $1000.

dalaen

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
I buy all my music from iTunes. Totally legit, rewarding the artist, and most importantly I benefit iTunes in the Cloud, so I don't have to carry my entire music collection everywhere "just in case".

I do the same with TV Series and movies.
Moreover it's awesome to take out an iPad and catch on music or TV Series just by a tap, since it's all stored online!

Redshirt

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site

I think it depends on how old you are and how much music you have already. I've got a lot of music ripped from CD's I purchased back in the day. A smaller amount from the pirate scenes. Then the majority of the newer music from iTunes (available/convenient/decent price). Then Amazon (because it was cheaper than iTunes with the same availability/convenience). Then neither (when the majority of the prices got increased to 1.29). Now, I pretty much buy in the 69 cent/bargain bins because I've already got most of the music I like, and the majority of the current music out there doesn't appeal to me. 69 cents is a no brainer, 99 cents check it out a bit, 1.29, do I really need it (usually no)? If I want to test something out, I check youtube. Other than that, I listen to podcasts, etc. I usually don't use the streaming services because, pay, and the music I like, I already have...

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Just downloaded 1,275 songs from an old Blackberry 16gb memory card, however not all album art was received....Any opinions to why not?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2