iOS 7.0.4 and iTunes 11.1.3.8 - still the same BUG

yaynative

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
iOS 7.0.4 and iTunes 11.1.3.8 - still the same BUG............... stuck on waiting for changes to be applied or waiting for items to copy. Literally trying to sycn one album right now, and I have been stuck on the changes bug for about 20 minutes. I'm headed to the apple store now. I've been there several times to complain and report it, maybe they will get tired of me and actually tell someone about it this time. I can't imagine Apple ignoring a bug that a ton of people are actually reporting.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
iOS 7.0.4 and iTunes 11.1.3.8 - still the same BUG............... stuck on waiting for changes to be applied or waiting for items to copy. Literally trying to sycn one album right now, and I have been stuck on the changes bug for about 20 minutes. I'm headed to the apple store now. I've been there several times to complain and report it, maybe they will get tired of me and actually tell someone about it this time. I can't imagine Apple ignoring a bug that a ton of people are actually reporting.

Are you using a PC or Mac?

Sent from my iPod touch (5th generation) or iPhone 4S (iPhone 5S coming soon) using Tapatalk.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm also having the same issue. I also have an issue with iTunes crashing while restoring an iOS device (had to restore 3 times in a row) and I'm wondering if it's the same bug that is affecting syncing.

Sent from my iPod touch (5th generation) or iPhone 4S (iPhone 5S coming soon) using Tapatalk.

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
When it gets hung on any process during sync, look down to the bottom, where the sync, or revert/apply buttons are. During actual sync, these buttons will be greyed out and unpressable. If these buttons are greyed out when a process is stuck, then there is actually a problem with the sync.

If the buttons return to normal, then the sync is over. If the process appears to be hung up. But the buttons are pressable, just click to back up now. After the back up process, the sync should complete as normal.

yaynative

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm using windows, and it is the same bug on my home PC and my work PC. I am also not the only person I know having the same issue. I've witnessed it on several different iPhones. From the reports I've read from others, it seems to not be an issue on the 5c or 5s.

I will update later.

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm using windows, and it is the same bug on my home PC and my work PC. I am also not the only person I know having the same issue. I've witnessed it on several different iPhones. From the reports I've read from others, it seems to not be an issue on the 5c or 5s.

I will update later.

My 5S has the "bug" from time to time when syncing with iTunes. As does my iPad Air. As I stated above, I simply initiate the backup process, and when it finishes, it no longer hangs on the final process endlessly.

I think it is an iTunes issue, and has little, if anything, to do with which hardware is syncing.

yaynative

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
Update:

I went to the Apple store and was given the following steps by the genius in charge:

1- delete all .ispw files from computer
2- delete all voice memos
3- restore as new
4- let itunes download all new cover art
5- try adding new music and see if it syncs

He said there is a known bug with cover art. Apparently itunes is having problems with certain cover art it didn't download, and there is no way to tell which one it is.

He ran a diagnostic test and immediately noticed that the application "musiclibraryd" was constantly crashing. As soon as he seen this, he knew what to do.

So far I have been able to sync multiple albums without any problem.

Last edited:

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Update:

I went to the Apple store and was given the following steps by the genius in charge:

1- delete all .ispw files from computer
2- delete all voice memos
3- restore as new
4- let itunes download all new cover art
5- try adding new music and see if it syncs

He said there is a known bug with cover art. Apparently itunes is having problems with certain cover art it didn't download, and there is no way to tell which one it is.

He ran a diagnostic test and immediately noticed that the application "musiclibraryd" was constantly crashing. As soon as he seen this, he knew what to do.

So far I have been able to sync multiple albums without any problem.

Wow, never would of guess that was the cause but now I know why my album art work wasn't syncing recently.
Thanks for the update!

Sent from my iPod touch (5th generation) or iPhone 4S (iPhone 5S on order) using Tapatalk.

Bonehead001

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I had the exact same problem ? my new iPad Air not syncing with iTunes 11.1.3. The AppleCare tech told me to 1.) save a back up to my computer 2.) re-install iOS 7.0.3. This seemed todo the trick.

Gobrown75

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
Mine is doing the same thing. And some of music is missing off of my iphone now because of it. I have restarted my pc and iphone and it keeps getting stuck on Step 7 Waiting for Changes to be Applied

yaynative

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
the missing music is new to me. It started yesterday, and pisses me off. I have almost 5,000 songs, but my iPhone says there is 1,200.