Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 44 of 44
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #26  
    yaynative's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    365 Posts
    Global Posts
    372 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.0

    Default Re: iOS 7.0.4 and iTunes 11.1.3.8 - still the same BUG

    Do you have a device with iOS 7.0? From what I read from others, is it's a ios 7 problem.
  2. #27  
    acerace113's Avatar
    iMore Elite

    Posts
    2,439 Posts

    Default Re: iOS 7.0.4 and iTunes 11.1.3.8 - still the same BUG

    Quote Originally Posted by yaynative View Post
    Do you have a device with iOS 7.0? From what I read from others, is it's a ios 7 problem.
    My 4S is running iOS 7.0.4 and the bug did not come up again


    Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 4S (iPhone 5S on order) using
  3. #28  
    acerace113's Avatar
    iMore Elite

    Posts
    2,439 Posts

    Default Re: iOS 7.0.4 and iTunes 11.1.3.8 - still the same BUG

    So far (and I can't believe I'm saying this) after doing a windows update the bug went away.


    Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 4S (iPhone 5S on order) using
  4. Thread AuthorThread Author   #29  
    yaynative's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    365 Posts
    Global Posts
    372 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.0

    Default Re: iOS 7.0.4 and iTunes 11.1.3.8 - still the same BUG

    I did a full DFU restore and it went away for a half a day. Bug is back. I don't think there is a fix until Apple fixes it. It's such a random bug.
  5. #30  
    acerace113's Avatar
    iMore Elite

    Posts
    2,439 Posts

    Default Re: iOS 7.0.4 and iTunes 11.1.3.8 - still the same BUG

    Quote Originally Posted by yaynative View Post
    I did a full DFU restore and it went away for a half a day. Bug is back. I don't think there is a fix until Apple fixes it. It's such a random bug.
    I have no other ideas to try and the only thing I can add is I'm using a desktop and USB 2.0 ports.


    Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 4S (iPhone 5S on order) using
  6. #31  
    acerace113's Avatar
    iMore Elite

    Posts
    2,439 Posts

    Default Re: iOS 7.0.4 and iTunes 11.1.3.8 - still the same BUG

    Quote Originally Posted by yaynative View Post
    I did a full DFU restore and it went away for a half a day. Bug is back. I don't think there is a fix until Apple fixes it. It's such a random bug.
    I've now tried with my 5S that is running iOS 7.0.4 and the issue doesn't appear at first. But after being connected for 1-2 hours the issue comes back but the "waiting for changes to be applied" comes BEFORE it starts syncing not after this time. And the only other thing that seems to affect the issue is how much data is being transferred at the time.


    Sent from my 5th gen iPod Touch or iPhone 5S iPhone using
  7. Thread AuthorThread Author   #32  
    yaynative's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    365 Posts
    Global Posts
    372 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.0

    Default Re: iOS 7.0.4 and iTunes 11.1.3.8 - still the same BUG

    The last thing I tried was to remove my music and sync an empty phone. I then synced one album at a time I until I found one problem album. I fixed the tags and cover art and it synced fine. A couple of days later the bug was back. I literally have no other ideas.
  8. #33  
    acerace113's Avatar
    iMore Elite

    Posts
    2,439 Posts

    Default Re: iOS 7.0.4 and iTunes 11.1.3.8 - still the same BUG

    Quote Originally Posted by yaynative View Post
    The last thing I tried was to remove my music and sync an empty phone. I then synced one album at a time I until I found one problem album. I fixed the tags and cover art and it synced fine. A couple of days later the bug was back. I literally have no other ideas.
    A clean install of windows is the only thing left to try that I can think of.

    To me it sounds like a communication issue between iTunes and the iOS device.


    Sent from my 5th gen iPod Touch or iPhone 5S iPhone using
  9. Thread AuthorThread Author   #34  
    yaynative's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    365 Posts
    Global Posts
    372 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.0

    Default Re: iOS 7.0.4 and iTunes 11.1.3.8 - still the same BUG

    Quote Originally Posted by acerace113 View Post
    A clean install of windows is the only thing left to try that I can think of.

    To me it sounds like a communication issue between iTunes and the iOS device.


    Sent from my 5th gen iPod Touch or iPhone 5S iPhone using
    I wouldn't mess with your windows install at this point. This is certainly an apple issue as it happens on mac's as well.
  10. #35  
    acerace113's Avatar
    iMore Elite

    Posts
    2,439 Posts

    Default Re: iOS 7.0.4 and iTunes 11.1.3.8 - still the same BUG

    Quote Originally Posted by yaynative View Post
    I wouldn't mess with your windows install at this point. This is certainly an apple issue as it happens on mac's as well.
    Well I'm going to wait and see if an iTunes update will fix it if one comes out with iOS 7.1 or before then. I do have an alternate program I can use if needed, it's not great but it gets the job done good enough.

    I can't do a clean install anyways since I don't have an external hard drive to backup data plus I have to find where I put my windows 7 installation DVD cause my computer came with vista.


    Sent from my 5th gen iPod Touch or iPhone 5S iPhone using
  11. Thread AuthorThread Author   #36  
    yaynative's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    365 Posts
    Global Posts
    372 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.0

    Default Re: iOS 7.0.4 and iTunes 11.1.3.8 - still the same BUG

    final update with a surprising resolution. After three visits to the Apple store for Genius appointments, I finally email Tim Cook expressing my frustration. In less than 24 hours, I received a call from my local Apple store instructing me to come in for a resolution. When I arrived they explained that they are working on a resolution, but they would like me to be happy with their products in the meantime. The solution? They gave me a free iPhone 5s and leather Apple case.

    Needless to say, I was more than surprised.

    iOS 7.0.4 and iTunes 11.1.3.8 - still the same BUG-photo-dec-06-10-08-29-am.jpg
  12. #37  
    acerace113's Avatar
    iMore Elite

    Posts
    2,439 Posts

    Default Re: iOS 7.0.4 and iTunes 11.1.3.8 - still the same BUG

    Quote Originally Posted by yaynative View Post
    final update with a surprising resolution. After three visits to the Apple store for Genius appointments, I finally email Tim Cook expressing my frustration. In less than 24 hours, I received a call from my local Apple store instructing me to come in for a resolution. When I arrived they explained that they are working on a resolution, but they would like me to be happy with their products in the meantime. The solution? They gave me a free iPhone 5s and leather Apple case.

    Needless to say, I was more than surprised.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo Dec 06, 10 08 29 AM.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	2.44 MB 
ID:	43857
    Nice, hope they find a resolution.

    Also I've recently synced 3162 songs (or 16.82 GB) to my 5S and the issue didn't come up, but there was a good delay before it started syncing.


    Sent from my 5th gen iPod Touch or iPhone 5S using
  13. Thread AuthorThread Author   #38  
    yaynative's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    365 Posts
    Global Posts
    372 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.0

    Default Re: iOS 7.0.4 and iTunes 11.1.3.8 - still the same BUG

    The genius didn't sound too optimistic for a quick resolution. They game me the 5s because they have no idea how to fix it yet.
  14. Thread AuthorThread Author   #39  
    yaynative's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    365 Posts
    Global Posts
    372 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.0

    Default Re: iOS 7.0.4 and iTunes 11.1.3.8 - still the same BUG

    the bug still exists even though I set up 5s as new on a different computer. Oh well.
  15. #40  
    mike1in3's Avatar
    iMore Nanite

    Posts
    1 Posts
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts

    Default Re: iOS 7.0.4 and iTunes 11.1.3.8 - still the same BUG

    I found a solution that isn't "just nuke everything and reinstall, hoping it doesn't happen again."

    This is what I did.
    1. Turn off wi-fi sync (this may not be necessary).
    2. On the iDevice (mine is an iPad) go Settings - General - iTunes WiFi Sync
    3. Sync with USB cable. Watch the status on the iDevice.
    4. I discovered that for some bizarre reason, it was trying to install Pages even though it was already installed and running fine with the latest update on my iPad.
    5. Delete and reinstall Pages from the iDevice's App Store.
    6. Initiate a backup via iTunes on my Mac, including transferring apps/other purchases that aren't on the Mac. (This may not be necessary, but likely is).

    That fixed it. The key was to have settings up and running before sync'ing so I could see which app was crashing the sync. Note that the Pages warning message was replaced with the annoyingly unhelpful "preparing for sync" message that iTunes displayed. Also, the iDevice status has more info than iTunes does.
  16. Thread AuthorThread Author   #41  
    yaynative's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    365 Posts
    Global Posts
    372 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.0

    Default Re: iOS 7.0.4 and iTunes 11.1.3.8 - still the same BUG

    Quote Originally Posted by mike1in3 View Post
    I found a solution that isn't "just nuke everything and reinstall, hoping it doesn't happen again."

    This is what I did.
    1. Turn off wi-fi sync (this may not be necessary).
    2. On the iDevice (mine is an iPad) go Settings - General - iTunes WiFi Sync
    3. Sync with USB cable. Watch the status on the iDevice.
    4. I discovered that for some bizarre reason, it was trying to install Pages even though it was already installed and running fine with the latest update on my iPad.
    5. Delete and reinstall Pages from the iDevice's App Store.
    6. Initiate a backup via iTunes on my Mac, including transferring apps/other purchases that aren't on the Mac. (This may not be necessary, but likely is).

    That fixed it. The key was to have settings up and running before sync'ing so I could see which app was crashing the sync. Note that the Pages warning message was replaced with the annoyingly unhelpful "preparing for sync" message that iTunes displayed. Also, the iDevice status has more info than iTunes does.
    I just seen this, and will try it in a bit.
  17. Thread AuthorThread Author   #42  
    yaynative's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    365 Posts
    Global Posts
    372 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.0

    Default Re: iOS 7.0.4 and iTunes 11.1.3.8 - still the same BUG

    that didn't work for me, but when I plugged in my iphone I got an error message about USB 3.0. I plugged the phone into a USB 2.0 port and it synced. I hope this is it.
  18. #43  
    lyndalulu's Avatar
    iMore Nanite

    Posts
    1 Posts
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

    Default Re: iOS 7.0.4 and iTunes 11.1.3.8 - still the same BUG

    I updated to 11.1.3.8 on iTunes now a good part of my iBooks is greyed out on my ipad 2
  19. #44  
    mattrock2003's Avatar
    iMore Nanite

    Posts
    8 Posts
    iOS Version
    6.0

    Default Re: iOS 7.0.4 and iTunes 11.1.3.8 - still the same BUG

    Has anyone found a solution for this? I was hoping for a solution with 7.1.1. I've been having this issue for months now. I love using iTunes for rearranging my music in my playlists. When I do this and try to sync, it never makes the changes that I made. I've restored the phone and I've just deleted music off the phone and reinstalled it. It will take the changes to the playlist however now not all of my album art is visible. It's extremely frustrating to have to restore my phone or delete all my music every time when this use to work.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Forum Game: The Never Ending Story
    By James Falconer in forum Forum Games
    Replies: 79
    Last Post: 03-09-2014, 01:30 PM
  2. Forum Game: Off the top of your head
    By James Falconer in forum Forum Games
    Replies: 193
    Last Post: 02-10-2014, 10:39 AM
  3. Issue syncing iphone5 to itunes
    By iMore Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-16-2013, 03:47 PM
  4. iPad Air's are all the same?
    By Xm_jdm in forum iPad Air
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-15-2013, 10:45 PM
  5. Long-time Apple hater - now I love it? What the heck?
    By wamsille in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-15-2013, 06:01 PM

Posting Permissions