Remove/hide iTunes purchases from other users

iLuis23

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I let one of my friends use my MBP to put music into his iPhone a few weeks ago, so he bought music from the iTunes store under his own account and signed out afterwards, but now even if he buys music off of the iTunes store on his iPhone those new songs show up in my iTunes Library under "Purchased."
We have different taste in music so I really don't want those songs on there. How do I prevent his purchased music to sync into my iTunes library in the future!?

I'm signed in with MY account on iTunes ever since he left, yet I can still see the new purchases he makes on both my iPhone and MBP library.

PLEASE HELP! This is annoying and frustrating!!! :mad:

Thank you in advance

iLuis23

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I only see my MBP and my iPhone. I see nothing else. When I click on his songs it shows his apple ID which was used to purchase the song not mine yet it still shows up on my iTunes library! Grrrr!

Thank you, though...

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I only see my MBP and my iPhone. I see nothing else. When I click on his songs it shows his apple ID which was used to purchase the song not mine yet it still shows up on my iTunes library! Grrrr!

Thank you, though...

As I see it there are two issues. One is authorization. If you can, log in with HIS credentials and then unauthorize your computer. Then log out and back in with yours.

The second issue is the presence of his "stuff". If you can identify it, you should just be able to delete it. This might help:

Here's how to identify the purchasing iTunes account for all music in your iTunes library:

1. Launch iTunes
  2. Click the Music tab
  3. Right click (option click) on the headings above the music (but below the Column Browser section)
  4. Choose KIND - now your music is sorted in kind (MPEG Audio, AAC, Purchased AAC, Protected AAC, etc)
  5. Now scroll down to the section labeled Purchased AAC
  6. Right click (option click) and choose Get Info
  7. In the middle part of the popup info box, on the right side, there are 2 fields labeled: Purchased By and Apple ID.
  8. Scroll through that section (Purchased AAC) of your iTunes library by clicking the NEXT/PREV buttons looking for songs that don’t match your own AppleID. These are the songs that could be problematic.

iLuis23

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Thank you so much! That actually helped!
I don't know why I didn't think of that before. I was only looking at it through MY account not his.

Again, thank you so much!!! :D

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal