Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Intermediate

105 Posts
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts

Default iTunes authorization issue

Ever since day 1 of iTunes Radio, I am having authorization issues with it in iTunes on my Mac. It seems to happen a few times throughout the day. What happens is when I try to stream a station, iTunes just tells me that I'm not authorized to access this content. A temporary fix seems to be to logout of iTunes and back in, or to click on authorize this computer, which then iTunes tells me my Mac is already activated. Then a few hours will go by and then the authorization issue will return. Another odd issue is if I just use the authorize this computer button temporary fix, any new stations I create do not sync with my iPhone, and if I logout and back in, the new station is gone on the Mac. To have it work correctly I have to logout and back in to create stations and have them sync. I've also tried the steps to delete some folder named like SC Info or something like that from the support KB on Apple's website, but that didn't work. I've also tried repairing disk permissions and that didn't work either.

Has anyone else had this issue? Is there any fix?

Default Re: iTunes authorization issue

Have you enabled "Parental Controls"? If so, check its settings.