iTunes 11.1.2 broke local contact sync -- iCloud, only!

shelltops

May 25, 2012
Visit site
There's a big stink about it over on the Apple Discussion Forums.

From one of the pages:

https://discussions.apple.com/message/23471800#23471800

From user "echelon3":

"Re: Mavericks and iTunes 11.1.2 Won't wifi sync iPhone
Oct 23, 2013 3:46 PM (in response to PJWilkin)
Neither are broken. I confirmed this morning with a senior-level tech that wifi and USB sync has been removed. Going forward, syncing will be iCloud only."

Many people don't wish to utilize iCloud for various reasons -- security, lack of regular wi-fi, distrust of the NSA/govt, etc -- myself, included.

Just thought I would give a heads up in the hope that the more we talk about it, the greater the probability(possibility?) that Apple fixes this in a future update. We've been locally syncing since the inception of the iPhone; now they want us to trust them and go iCloud, only. Shame.

iMore: please write an article about this!

In the meantime, stay strong. Your website rocks!

Shelly

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the heads up. There seems to be conflicting posts on what is broken, is the local sync option totally gone or just the wifi local sync?

I just did a local backup/sync of my iPad and iPhone on my Mavericks MBP running iTunes 11.1.2 using USB and it went fine. Hence my confusion with the discussion

Thanks for your help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Redshirt

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
The NSA has said they don't monitor your iCloud transmissions.

Update: Correction, the NSA says they might monitor iCloud, but it's encrypted anyway so it doesn't matter.
Update: Correction, the NSA says they definitely don't monitor iCloud, but the other countries do and might have sent the NSA information.
Update: Apple says that as far as it knows, the NSA's not been tapping its data center cabling.
Update: NSA says nope, no idea what the previous three updates are about, it definitely doesn't monitor iCloud.

So, there you go.

Last edited:

draenert

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
the local sync does not exist anymore. apple tries to force the users to give their most provate informations to the hands of the nsa on their servers. i already sent and inquiry to the german officials. the best is to stop buying apple iphone. apple ignores customers as long as the stock amrket is fine..

i can offer my chat conversation with apple....

best regards, florian

[BOX]View attachment apple4nsa.pdf[/BOX]

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2