Completely deleting media from iTunes and iCloud

Exsurgo

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Everyone,
This has probably been asked, but I am stuck and need some help:

I somehow managed to download a WMV file of a voice recording I did for work on my work computer. iTunes is my default player at work, and today I discovered the voice recording in the music on my iPhone and in iTunes on my Mac at home!!

Problem now is I cannot delete them. I have NO desire to have this voice recording on my phone! I use iTunes Match, and have tried turning it off, deleting the recording after downloading, then restart Match, but the recording comes right back!

Seems I need to somehow delete it from iCloud otherwise it will just keep coming back every time I update Match.

Is there a way I can completely delete this recording from everything??

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

LazyStarGazer

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Everyone,
This has probably been asked, but I am stuck and need some help:

I somehow managed to download a WMV file of a voice recording I did for work on my work computer. iTunes is my default player at work, and today I discovered the voice recording in the music on my iPhone and in iTunes on my Mac at home!!

Problem now is I cannot delete them. I have NO desire to have this voice recording on my phone! I use iTunes Match, and have tried turning it off, deleting the recording after downloading, then restart Match, but the recording comes right back!

Seems I need to somehow delete it from iCloud otherwise it will just keep coming back every time I update Match.

Is there a way I can completely delete this recording from everything??

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Try this:

iTunes Store: How to delete songs from iCloud

Exsurgo

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
LazyStarGazer, thank you for the reply! I actually did try what your link says after googling it. Problem is, iTunes on my Mac has the delete "grayed" out from the edit menu, and when I right click on it, there is no delete option in the drop down.

Since my first post, I found something on "live updating" and that there was a check box for it. After much snooping, I found that and unchecked it which made the delete option work. So, I deleted the recording from my Mac in iTunes. But...I still can't get it off of my phone. Even after disabling and re-enabling Match on my phone. That tells me it's still in the cloud.

Urgh!! Thank you for the response!

LazyStarGazer

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Have you tried 'Update iTunes Match' on your Mac?
If that works, synch device with iTunes on your Mac to remove it from your iPhone.
Make sure you uncheck 'Synch Voice Memos'.

Hope that helps.

Just remembered.
In that link there were instructions to remove from iTunes and iCloud.
It didn't work after you enabled live updating?

Exsurgo

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
It did work for the Mac, but not the phone. However, I didn't think to sync the phone to iTunes via cable. I'll try that, thanks!

Yes, I can "delete" it from the phone by downloading it from the cloud, then swiping, but that's when iTunes Match is disabled on the phone. As soon as I enable Match again, it comes right back.

I will try the cable sync. Thanks again!

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2