Get music listed by Track Artist NOT Album Artist??!

shady360

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
I posted a thread about this maybe a year ago and never got any hits. It bugs the hell out of me that when I want to play that song that Pearl Jam song that was on that compilation album, I have to go to Various Artists and then try to remember the name of the album, instead of just looking under Pearl Jam. Is there any way to make my iPhone display this information by track artist and NOT album artist? Does anyone else out there have this problem?

wenrob

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
The way I do it is right click on get info (in iTunes) then select whichever box is appropriate for how I want things displayed. If the info is not there just type it in and check mark it. I've don't this with all my "various artists" albums because it drives me crazy when they're split up. Hope that helps.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm not certain, but in iOS 7 there's an option to enable and disable "Group By Album Artist". (Setting>Music) Whether or not disabling the aforementioned feature will do what you're seeking, I can't say. I currently do not have any music whatsoever on my device.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner