Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Nanite

1 Posts

Default Ringtone in iTunes Question...

I have no problem with my iTunes account making a ringtone. I simply go to my playlist, right click on the selected song, then select get info/options and check the two boxes for up to 30 seconds of play time. Next I go back to the song and create aac version. Then I right click on the aac version and select show in windows explorer.
    Now here's the issue, on my in my account, the "name" shows the song with a .m4a extension that I change to a .m4r extension. Then I simply add the file to my tones library and I'm good to go - but on my wifes account, I do exactly the same thing but when I go to the file where it shows the name of the song (same as above), there is no extension at the end of the songs name to change (as an example: stairway to heaven.m4a shows on my folder and on hers it only stairway to heaven).
    I can make ringtones easy, but I cannot add her song to her library on iTunes.
    Hopefully this makes sense
    Any ideas???
    iMore Genius

8,505 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,588 Global Posts

Default Re: Ringtone in iTunes Question...

That is strange, but you should still be able to change/add the extension of .m4r. Did you try just adding the extension? What happened when you did that?
    iMore Genius

5,041 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,046 Global Posts

Default Ringtone in iTunes Question...

Just sounds like her file extensions are set to be hidden. Try Googling "show file extensions [YourOperatingSystemHere]" to find the setting location. Example for Windows: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...ame-extensions