| || |
Re: Wifi Sync
One last thing. When you said you restored your iPhone to factory settings, did you do it via Settings-General-Reset-Reset All Settings or Erase All Content and Settings? If so, connect your device to your computer, fire up the computer's iTunes app and back it up. After the backup, and if you have time, put your device in DFU mode, but make sure your computer is connected to the internet first. If you don't know how to put the device in DFU mode, do the following:
Originally Posted by bxnextel86
Entering DFU Mode
- Plug your device into your computer.
- Turn off the device.
- Hold the Power button for 3 seconds
- Hold the Home button without releasing the Power button for 10 seconds
- Release the Power Button but keep holding the Home button
- Keep holding the Home button until you are alerted by iTunes saying that it has detected a device in Recovery Mode
Make sure the device screen is blank and no logos are present
After iTunes restores your device, set it up "as new" and not from a backup. Go ahead and get through the initial setup screens. Afterwards, go to Setting-General-iTunes Wi-Fi Sync and see if the screen displays the Sync Now option. If everything is well, you can either restore from your previous backup via iTunes or continue setting it up from scratch.