Wifi Sync

bxnextel86

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Okay I have this problem that I cannot get the Dialogue to change to the sync button. I press on iTunes sync with this phone over wifi but it will not change. I Search google but all I get is the Opposite. That the sync button is gray out. ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1377044118.391986.jpg

Any help. I tried everything. Even restore my PC to factory setting. And even my phone. But it will not work.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Did you connect your device to your computer via the USB cable as instructed?

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yea

I don't have a PC so forgive me so I have no idea what iTunes look like on it, but I assume it is somewhat similar to the one for the Mac. Anyway, when your iPhone is connected to your computer via USB, tap the Summary screen and then scroll down to "Options". Make sure the box in front of "Sync With This iPhone Over Wi-Fi" is checked.

Screen Shot 2013-08-20 at 8.42.40 PM.png

If you've done these things, I apologize.

bxnextel86

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Yea I have done everything. I even restore my pc and iPhone to factory setting and nothing.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yea I have done everything. I even restore my pc and iPhone to factory setting and nothing.

One last thing. When you said you restored your iPhone to factory settings, did you do it via Settings-General-Reset-Reset All Settings or Erase All Content and Settings? If so, connect your device to your computer, fire up the computer's iTunes app and back it up. After the backup, and if you have time, put your device in DFU mode, but make sure your computer is connected to the internet first. If you don't know how to put the device in DFU mode, do the following:

Entering DFU Mode

1. Plug your device into your computer.
  2. Turn off the device.
  3. Hold the Power button for 3 seconds
  4. Hold the Home button without releasing the Power button for 10 seconds
  5. Release the Power Button but keep holding the Home button
  6. Keep holding the Home button until you are alerted by iTunes saying that it has detected a device in Recovery Mode
Make sure the device screen is blank and no logos are present

After iTunes restores your device, set it up "as new" and not from a backup. Go ahead and get through the initial setup screens. Afterwards, go to Setting-General-iTunes Wi-Fi Sync and see if the screen displays the Sync Now option. If everything is well, you can either restore from your previous backup via iTunes or continue setting it up from scratch.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR