Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By JustMe'D
  • 3 Post By Alli
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Global Posts
    11,682 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Should Apple bring iTunes to Android, BlackBerry, and Windows Phone? -- iMore Blog

Keith - iMore Moderator - The Mobile Nations/iMore Forum Rules
     iPhone5 on VZW;  iPad(2012) - wifi with BadElf for GPS
    "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser." -- Socrates

Global Posts
    15,621 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.x.x

Default Re: Should Apple bring iTunes to Android, BlackBerry, and Windows Phone? -- iMore Blog

I do not see this happening at all..
    John Yester
    Moderator Team Leader, iMore.com

iMore Expert

Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Re: Should Apple bring iTunes to Android, BlackBerry, and Windows Phone? -- iMore Blog

NO that's what I hate about iOS.

via Tapatalk
    Twitter: @vietalogy
    iPhone Newbie

No way! iTunes gets such a bad rep from windows desktop users (probably because it runs like a dog), I don't think they should allow it on other devices.

Global Posts
    21,155 Global Posts
    iOS Version

No, they shouldn't. It's an Apple thing and some things, in 'my' opinion, should stay that way.
    Thanked by:
    mayconvert (06-22-2013)
    Fausty82, mayconvert and iSeans like this.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    574 Global Posts

Yes they should a lot of android users would buy iTunes products iBook etc look at amazon barns and noble they are banking being on all platforms
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    574 Global Posts

I actually believe that apple should have an iPhone google version with apple products in the OS
    iMore Genius

iOS Version
    iOS 7.1 b5

Nope. If they want iTunes, let ’em buy an iPhone/iPad/iPod.
    Curmudgeon and Former Member/Participant
    iPhone 5S / iPad Mini Retina / 15" MacBook Pro Retina

Global Posts
    3,708 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS7.1b5

Nope!!!

They should make an Apple branded iRadio app that can be distributed to other vendors.
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    11,767 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Sicks

Yes.

Think of how many people who've walked into a store and had a droid device pushed on them by a salesperson.
    If iOS truly is a better experience than android, give them a taste.
    Some of them will switch platforms.
    This would only work if the UX is better than anything in the Play Store.

But... This will also never happen, because NO WAY is Apple going to code this for 200+ different android devices.

It would be nice to see Apple use Googles strategy against them though.
    eg: google apps created for iOS.
    Wut?
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,461 Global Posts

No. Period. Apple is a much sought after OS. Usually when you've tried the rest then you turn to the best. I was an avid Blackberry and Android user . I noticed negative press regarding IOS. When I finally realized I had been mentally poisoned by untrue statements. I decided to do my own homework. I feel very fortunate to be a part of the Apple establishment . I see an abundance of positive information and everyone seems to be welcoming and extremely helpful. Just what a unified forum should be. I like the strict monitoring by the moderators and the willingness of members to assist the newcomers. I'm enjoying the positive attitudes here. Now I see why I see more IPhones in the professional world. I get it now. Lets keep Apple exclusive.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    iOS Version

No.

First of all...iTunes is Apple's "thing." Second, iTunes (referring to the app on the device that actually plays the media) is not anything special. It is fine and does the job but so did my Blackberry media player.
    I don't have any idea why a non-Apple user would want to use iTunes (for PC anyway). It. is. awful. It is a resource hogging, slow moving, average media manager. My family uses iOS devices but if I could cut the ties with iTunes on PC I wouldn't waste a single second more with it.

Next, any music or video purchased and downloaded from Apple can be easily moved to and used on other devices. At least that was my experience when I had a Blackberry. I cannot address the poor folks who invested in iBooks. I have never purchased an iBook title because I did not want to be locked into an iDevice to read books.

Finally, I need to say this to avoid upsetting the hardcore fans... I love my iOS devices (even if iTunes uck-says) and would not trade them for either a BB or an Android at this point. They do everything else very well.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    574 Global Posts

It's funny that this discussion is being made because without jail breaking an android device you can sync iTunes already.

Personally I think Apple should release a Google iPhone version where you can use all the iPhone features with a google phone and they can lock Apple services to the imei so that only Apple Google phones can use the services

Google products including music and books are already running on Apple why not make money on it all the way
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,726 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.x

Yes - why should we suffer alone?

​iTunes remains the weak link in the Apple ecosystem.
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    11,767 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Sicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    Yes - why should we suffer alone?
    Lol.
    Wut?