Should Apple bring iTunes to Android, BlackBerry, and Windows Phone? -- iMore Blog

iSeans

May 30, 2013
Visit site
No way! iTunes gets such a bad rep from windows desktop users (probably because it runs like a dog), I don't think they should allow it on other devices.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
No, they shouldn't. It's an Apple thing and some things, in 'my' opinion, should stay that way.

dj2big

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Yes they should a lot of android users would buy iTunes products iBook etc look at amazon barns and noble they are banking being on all platforms

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Nope!!!

They should make an Apple branded iRadio app that can be distributed to other vendors.

LazyStarGazer

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Yes.

Think of how many people who've walked into a store and had a droid device pushed on them by a salesperson.
If iOS truly is a better experience than android, give them a taste.
Some of them will switch platforms.
This would only work if the UX is better than anything in the Play Store.

But... This will also never happen, because NO WAY is Apple going to code this for 200+ different android devices.

It would be nice to see Apple use Googles strategy against them though.
eg: google apps created for iOS.

lovemyspanish

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
No. Period. Apple is a much sought after OS. Usually when you've tried the rest then you turn to the best. I was an avid Blackberry and Android user . I noticed negative press regarding IOS. When I finally realized I had been mentally poisoned by untrue statements. I decided to do my own homework. I feel very fortunate to be a part of the Apple establishment . I see an abundance of positive information and everyone seems to be welcoming and extremely helpful. Just what a unified forum should be. I like the strict monitoring by the moderators and the willingness of members to assist the newcomers. I'm enjoying the positive attitudes here. Now I see why I see more IPhones in the professional world. I get it now. Lets keep Apple exclusive.

projectman

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site

No.

First of all...iTunes is Apple's "thing." Second, iTunes (referring to the app on the device that actually plays the media) is not anything special. It is fine and does the job but so did my Blackberry media player.
I don't have any idea why a non-Apple user would want to use iTunes (for PC anyway). It. is. awful. It is a resource hogging, slow moving, average media manager. My family uses iOS devices but if I could cut the ties with iTunes on PC I wouldn't waste a single second more with it.

Next, any music or video purchased and downloaded from Apple can be easily moved to and used on other devices. At least that was my experience when I had a Blackberry. I cannot address the poor folks who invested in iBooks. I have never purchased an iBook title because I did not want to be locked into an iDevice to read books.

Finally, I need to say this to avoid upsetting the hardcore fans... I love my iOS devices (even if iTunes uck-says) and would not trade them for either a BB or an Android at this point. They do everything else very well.

dj2big

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
It's funny that this discussion is being made because without jail breaking an android device you can sync iTunes already.

Personally I think Apple should release a Google iPhone version where you can use all the iPhone features with a google phone and they can lock Apple services to the imei so that only Apple Google phones can use the services

Google products including music and books are already running on Apple why not make money on it all the way