How do I automatically add new songs to my iPhone when I add them to iTunes on my PC?

gameson

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I occasionally add new songs to my iTunes library by ripping CDs that I bought (instead of buying digital music from the iTunes store).

I understand that there is automatic downloads option to automatic sync your iTunes to your iPhone, but I believe Automatic Downloads is for purchase.

How do I add new songs automatically to my iPhone when the songs are not purchased from the store? Do I do "sync via wifi" checked?

The only way I know is sync via USB cable, and I don't want that.

Thanks.

gameson

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for your super fast response. But I don't want to pay to sync my new songs to my iPhone. That sucks for what I can do with cable, I have to pay to do it via wifi.

And I am not an Apple guy, I only have iPhone, no iPad, no iPod, etc. Not even a Mac. so paying is not an option since I don't buy music that much and I don't want my collections over iCloud as well.

It's just a convenience that I am looking for. If there is no other options, I guess I have to plug in my iPhone to iTunes PC to get new songs.

Can I do 'sync this phone via Wifi'? Will it add new songs in my library to the phones if i do sync via wifi?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Thank you for your super fast response. But I don't want to pay to sync my new songs to my iPhone. That sucks for what I can do with cable, I have to pay to do it via wifi.

And I am not an Apple guy, I only have iPhone, no iPad, no iPod, etc. Not even a Mac. so paying is not an option since I don't buy music that much and I don't want my collections over iCloud as well.

It's just a convenience that I am looking for. If there is no other options, I guess I have to plug in my iPhone to iTunes PC to get new songs.

Can I do 'sync this phone via Wifi'? Will it add new songs in my library to the phones if i do sync via wifi?

You should be able to do it with Sync over Wifi...

iTunes 11 for Windows: Sync your device over a Wi-Fi network

gameson

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Thank you, I guess this is what I am looking for.

Quick question, I still do have to 'manually' sync it, right? meaning I have to either open iTunes on PC and click sync now when devices is on charger OR go to device -> settings -> General -> sync over wifi -> and click 'sync now'.

Can I have the phone sync automatically (just like iCloud backup) everytime the phone is on charger?

Thanks.

mab4285

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site

Quick question, I still do have to 'manually' sync it, right? meaning I have to either open iTunes on PC and click sync now when devices is on charger OR go to device -> settings -> General -> sync over wifi -> and click 'sync now'.

Can I have the phone sync automatically (just like iCloud backup) everytime the phone is on charger?

Thanks.

As long as iTunes is open on your computer, it should sync automatically when connected to the same network and charging.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

Thanks.

As long as iTunes is open on your computer, it should sync automatically when connected to the same network and charging.

Just like mab4285 said, if you’re on the same network, it should get pushed out to your device(s) automagically.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73