Corrupted Backup with iTunes 11

edoardotognoni

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I've been looking to this for the whole day but with no luck. I made a full iPhone encrypted backup with iTunes 11 and no error messages came out. I factory restored the iPhone and then I tried to put the backup back to the phone.

Same iTunes, same OS, same HW devices, no changes. But I got no luck. The process starts, and after a while (in the half more or less) it gets the annoying error message saying that the backup could be corrupt and so on. I moved the backup into a Windows machine with the same iTunes version with no luck. What's interesting is that in Windows, when the process failes I'm able to see error logs. Logs say about "Error -205, no encryption key found for domain pinterest.plist" something like that. Cool then. I deleted all the entries from the Manifest and Info plist referring to pinterest. Restart the process. It then blocks in the same way to the next application. Seems to me that all of the third parties apps are missing this encryption key. What's that?? By the way, I even tried to edit the Manifest.mdbd with a Hex editor referring to its rules, but no way. Is there a way at least to have sms, pictures and everything like that? I need to find a way of doing that with iTunes, I can not jailbreak the phone. I even made a clean backup and then copied the Manifest.mdbd inside the old one (for reverting sms,contacts and all of the system settings), but it then stops AT THE END, saying (logs) "multiple errors downloading files". Please tell me if something can be done, I'm going mad.

Thanks!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Assisting you is important to us and there are times when the members of this community who can best provide you with assistance to your particular issue or concern may not be available at the time of your post so please be patient while awaiting a reply. In the meantime, feel free to peruse the various sections of the iMore forum as well as the iMore Blog and check back periodically for a reply to your post. Thank you.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox