iTunes Match won't download AAC songs
I'm on iTunes Match but I don't always obtain my music from iTunes Store. Whenever a stray mp3 comes around I'd simply add it to iTunes, refresh the Match, then delete it and re-download, getting a nice, clean 256 kbps AAC from Apple at the end of the road. I suspect that's what a lot of people here do.
The problem is, lately Apple has started giving me my mp3s back instead of their professionally mastered AACs - and it happens to the songs that are absolutely 100% on iTunes. Anyone has the same problem? Turning Match off and on again doesn't seem to help.
- 04-23-2013, 10:03 AM #2
Re: iTunes Match won't download AAC songs
Check to see if the song actually matched or not. I forget the name of the column, but if you're in the list view of the songs, add the column which indicates if it found a match or not. My guess is that it isn't finding a match and that's why you are getting your mp3 back. Assuming that's the case, verify that all the metadata on your mp3 matches what's in iTunes. If it does, then I don't know. If it doesn't, then fix it and try to add it to Match again.
- 05-15-2013, 02:49 PM #3
- 05-16-2013, 12:34 AM #4
- By Ringfinger in forum iTunesReplies: 3Last Post: 12-20-2012, 03:00 PM
- By kaschykb in forum iCloudReplies: 4Last Post: 11-22-2011, 11:21 AM
- By kaschykb in forum iCloudReplies: 4Last Post: 11-22-2011, 09:37 AM
- By Bionicspyder in forum iCloudReplies: 5Last Post: 11-08-2011, 01:13 PM
- By Wiltron in forum iTunesReplies: 18Last Post: 06-08-2011, 05:16 PM