Do you still use iTunes to manage your media on your iOS device or have you cut the cord?

Have you cut the iTunes cord from your computer?

• Total voters

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Curious to know how many of you still have not cut the cord from your computer and still manage your media on your iOS device via iTunes from your computer? The day iTunes match went live along with iCloud I have not plugged any iOS device into my computer.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Do you still use iTunes to manage your media on your iOS device or have you c...

I use it for large play lists but other than that nope.

rellyrellz

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I use it all the time. Back up my iPad. I still buy CDs. I like having a physical copy for back up. I upload them to iTunes then sync my iPad n iPod. Just the way I like things

vakama94

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Do you still use iTunes to manage your media on your iOS device or have you c...

Currently not as it requires a ton of space in my PC, once I get a Mac though that will change as I'd like to know that there is a place where it is physically stored, not a cloud storage.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk 2

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site

The only thing I use it for is adding movies to my iPhone and iPad. I am always converting DVD's that I own over to my Mac so I can load them onto my iOS devices to watch while traveling or at the gym. That's the only thing I do with a computer for my iOS devices.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Re: Do you still use iTunes to manage your media on your iOS device or have you c...

The only thing I use it for is adding movies to my iPhone and iPad. I am always converting DVD's that I own over to my Mac so I can load them onto my iOS devices to watch while traveling or at the gym. That's the only thing I do with a computer for my iOS devices.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

I'd agree with you there except I started purchasing my movies in iTunes the past year instead of Blu Ray. Either way it's very rare I put a movie on any portable device.

ridiculocity

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I use iTunes Match and backup to cloud every night on all 3 of my devices. Once a month I plug in and do a backup with iTunes as a precaution and to transfer any apps I've purchased from device to HDD.

I used to obsess about backups in the old days.

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I use iTunes to add songs to my playlists, is there another way?
Say if I rip a CD to my iTunes library, is there a way to get one or several of those songs onto a playlist without physically connecting to iTunes with sync cable? If there is a way then yes, I probably would cut the cord

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Do you still use iTunes to manage your media on your iOS device or have you cut

I use iTunes to put pictures from the Camera Roll into existing folders. Is there a different way?

Thanks.

Sent From My Mobile Device Using Tapatalk

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I use iTunes to put pictures from the Camera Roll into existing folders. Is there a different way?

Thanks.

You can do that from camera roll and using the edit button, select photos, then add to button on the bottom

Maxpower1980

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
The question Is phrased poorly because one can still use iTunes on a computer with features like iTunes match and movies in the cloud to add items to their iOS device without using a cable physically and it is also possible to get everything directly from your device without using iTunes at all, so I'm not sure if the question is about cutting the physical cord or about not using the desktop application. I myself use it without a cord most of the time, now that I've subscribed to iTunes match, and find that most often when I plug in my device it's to upload custom ring tones as those are not yet available through iTunes match and I don't buy ring tones from the iTunes Store.

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Do you still use iTunes to manage your media on your iOS device or have you cut

You can do that from camera roll and using the edit button, select photos, then add to button on the bottom
Thanks but the only option I have with the add to is new album not existing one. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363102993.584236.jpg

gudac

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: Do you still use iTunes to manage your media on your iOS device or have you cut

Would love to cut the cord, but can't. Podcasting apps have burned me too many times wiping out my data plan. Settings may say WiFi, but end result is DATA PLAN gets burned!

ungibbed

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
I still do for playlist management and syncing new photos imported off my DSLR.

One headache I can't seem to resolve without spending a day or two of typing is contact management.

Had a series of Android phones over the last couple years and my iOS contacts are far outdated along with photos of each person in my address book on my Mac.

So as a short term solution, I set up my contact list on my iPhone as a MS Exchange service. Got my contacts back, but they will not sync anywhere else or locally to my Mac due to the cloud nature of the way Android devices handle contact management.

It's rather frustrating.

Skinny_Pete_

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I'd love to cut the cord, but I need some help in order to do so.

I would LIKE to be able to transfer files from my PC to my iPhone via my wifi network, but I am unsure how it works. I DO NOT want my iPhone to SYNC with files from my PC, I simply want to be able to PICK AND CHOOSE the songs/movies/whatever that I send to my iPhone. I am afraid to choose "Sync with this iPhone over Wi-Fi" because I don't want it to SYNC.

Does anyone know if this is possible? How is it done?

Jerry_

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Yes, still using iTunes tor backups to my HD ( then to Timecapsule), also for syncing my music files and photos in selected folders (from Aperture).

The idea of the cloud backup would likely require additional space than the initial 5GB, due to the photos.

anotherDenro55

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
(Maybe duplicate post. If so, sorry) My niece introduced me to the PhotoSync app, and I really love it. There is also a matching program for MAc and PC. Finally! A way to transfer without Apple OS at all!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73