Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    510 Global Posts

Default Delete outdated podcast from iTunes

Hey everyone, I am a newbie coming over from Android, and I have an iTunes question. Giant Bombcast recently changed its RSS feed and I can't get the old one to go away. In fact, in iTunes, I can't figure out how to delete a podcast feed at all. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Delete outdated podcast from iTunes-screen-shot-2013-03-05-11.05.14-pm.png  
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    510 Global Posts

Default Re: Delete outdated podcast from iTunes

That is an iTunes 10 article, and that seems to be an article for a podcaster, not an end user.

Thanks though.

Global Posts
    6,987 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6.1.3

You should be able to just select it and delete.
  5. Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    510 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Karenkcoulter View Post
    You should be able to just select it and delete.
    Please look at my screenshot above. I can't delete the feed itself, I'm pretty sure that the right click should show all the options available.

Global Posts
    6,987 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6.1.3

That's how I used to remove feeds. Haven't tried in a while though.

Global Posts
    22,224 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by broadwayblues View Post
    That is an iTunes 10 article, and that seems to be an article for a podcaster, not an end user.

Thanks though.
    You wrote: "...In fact, in iTunes, I can't figure out how to delete a podcast feed at all. Any help would be appreciated."
    That statement led me to provide the above link. My apologies for misunderstanding your original post. Now, I have a MacBook and I subscribe to podcasts, however, I use the InstaCast and Downcast app on my iPhone and iPad. Anyway, I fired up the iTunes app on my MacBook and randomly subscribed to a podcast. After the podcast was downloaded, I right-clicked on it. The menu that appeared contained the option "Delete". I selected "Delete" and then a confirmation message appeared. I confirmed that I wanted to delete it and VOILA! it was deleted. See the attached screenshots.
    Delete outdated podcast from iTunes-screen-shot-2013-03-06-2.21.12-pm.pngDelete outdated podcast from iTunes-screen-shot-2013-03-06-2.21.18-pm.pngDelete outdated podcast from iTunes-screen-shot-2013-03-06-2.21.25-pm.png
    Last edited by JustMe'D; 03-06-2013 at 02:00 PM.
  8. Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    510 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe'D View Post
    You wrote: "...In fact, in iTunes, I can't figure out how to delete a podcast feed at all. Any help would be appreciated."
    That statement led me to provide the above link. My apologies for misunderstanding your original post. Now, I have a MacBook and I subscribe to podcasts, however, I use the InstaCast and Downcast app on my iPhone and iPad. Anyway, I fired up the iTunes app on my MacBook and randomly subscribed to a podcast. After the podcast was downloaded, I right-clicked on it. The menu that appeared contained the option "Delete". I selected "Delete" and then a confirmation message appeared. I confirmed that I wanted to delete it and VOILA! it was deleted. See the attached screenshots.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-03-06 at 2.21.12 PM.png 
Views:	11 
Size:	330.7 KB 
ID:	27988Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-03-06 at 2.21.18 PM.png 
Views:	10 
Size:	391.8 KB 
ID:	27989Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-03-06 at 2.21.25 PM.png 
Views:	10 
Size:	351.8 KB 
ID:	27990
    Thanks for the reply, I guess I am asking how to get rid of the podcasts that are on the left. i.e., the actual podcast feed itself not the podcasts themselves. Can you reference the first screenshot on the parent post? When I click the podcasts that are on the left, I dont' have a "delete" option. Thanks again!

Global Posts
    22,224 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Thanks for the reply, I guess I am asking how to get rid of the podcasts that are on the left. i.e., the actual podcast feed itself not the podcasts themselves. Can you reference the first screenshot on the parent post? When I click the podcasts that are on the left, I dont' have a "delete" option. Thanks again!
    I'm not near my computer at the moment. Heck, I'm not even at home...lol...Anyway, if you simply unsubscribe, that should delete it. I'll verify the actual steps when I get back home.

Global Posts
    11,885 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Hey everyone, I am a newbie coming over from Android, and I have an iTunes question. Giant Bombcast recently changed its RSS feed and I can't get the old one to go away. In fact, in iTunes, I can't figure out how to delete a podcast feed at all. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
    In the View on the right panel in your screen-grab, change the view to "List"... then highlight the row of the title of the podcast you want to get rid of... right-click, and select delete on the pop-up menu
    Keith - iMore Moderator - The Mobile Nations/iMore Forum Rules
     iPhone5 on VZW;  iPad(2012) - wifi with BadElf for GPS
    "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser." -- Socrates
    Thanked by:
    JustMe'D (03-06-2013)
  11. Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    510 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kch50428 View Post
    In the View on the right panel in your screen-grab, change the view to "List"... then highlight the row of the title of the podcast you want to get rid of... right-click, and select delete on the pop-up menu
    You sir are a saint. Thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD