My laptop has been having some problems. It's a HP laptop with Windows 8 installed. I want to back up my iTunes library to some DVD's, as I'm going to be starting fresh on the computer. I am running iTunes 11 and I do have iTunes Match (if that matters).
Anyone have any idea what I do? There used to be a backup to DVD feature but it's gone now.
- 03-04-2013, 08:43 PM #2
- 03-04-2013, 10:17 PM #4
- 03-04-2013, 11:10 PM #5
If you have Match, you don't need the backup at least for music. Once you reinstall iTunes just sign into your Match account and you should see the cloud copy if all your music. Anything you way to have a local copy of, just select right click ad choose the option to download them.
- 03-08-2013, 12:45 PM #6
Re: iTunes Backup
ACtually, there could be a reason to not just use Match. If they have some tunes with bit rates higher than 256k and they want to retain local copies that were ripped that way, you could have issues with overwriting, etc.......or something like that.
But yeah, match is great from a backup perspective. Since I had to get rid of my unlimited data on VZW I am streaming far less. But its worth the $25/yr to me for the recovery angle....
- By starkrav in forum iTunesReplies: 21Last Post: 12-24-2013, 02:56 AM
- By Martavious in forum iTunesReplies: 3Last Post: 02-07-2011, 10:12 AM
- By Ticman in forum iTunesReplies: 3Last Post: 09-03-2009, 09:03 AM
- By mwg3c in forum iTunesReplies: 16Last Post: 07-20-2009, 07:02 PM
- By cobra302 in forum iTunesReplies: 6Last Post: 06-24-2009, 08:47 PM