iTunes Backup

boldBud

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
My laptop has been having some problems. It's a HP laptop with Windows 8 installed. I want to back up my iTunes library to some DVD's, as I'm going to be starting fresh on the computer. I am running iTunes 11 and I do have iTunes Match (if that matters).

Anyone have any idea what I do? There used to be a backup to DVD feature but it's gone now.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The Apple website states that the procedures for backing up to DVD has been "archived and is no longer updated...". The steps are still there but not for iTunes 11. You can check it out for yourself HERE.

boldBud

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I realize it's not available. So is there another way? USB? Or a different way of backing it up to a DVD?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Just copy the iTunes library to an external drive... full instructions can be found on the iTunes support web site.

jlb21

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
ACtually, there could be a reason to not just use Match. If they have some tunes with bit rates higher than 256k and they want to retain local copies that were ripped that way, you could have issues with overwriting, etc.......or something like that.

But yeah, match is great from a backup perspective. Since I had to get rid of my unlimited data on VZW I am streaming far less. But its worth the $25/yr to me for the recovery angle....

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner