AppleCare Support accidentally wiped all my iTunes content. Now they won't fix it.

drcreek

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm hoping somebody here might have had a similar issue and be able to help me.

Here is the long an painful story.

Saturday at about 10am Central European Time I called Apple to help me with a billing problem. My card wasn't being accepted.

So the AppleCare rep told me it was because I was using a Swedish credit card. I have recently moved from the UK to Sweden. So this made sense. She said I needed to switch my account to be a Swedish one and it would be OK. So I asked. If I do this. Will I still be able to download my apps and media from the purchased tab, the same as I always have. She said yes. So I went ahead and did it. As soon as it happened. I checked the Purchased tab. Nothing there. Nothing in the App Store. iTunes or the Mac App Store. All media gone.

I have autism and dyslexia, so I record all my support calls incase I need to review them later or if I forget something I was told.

Here is the part of the call where it all goes wrong... http://ge.tt/3e0dAvZ/v/0

I asked her how so get my stuff back. But she didn't know. Neither did her supervisor. Or the other half a dozen various Apple support agents I asked from around the world. UK, Sweden and even called the US support line. I was on the phone for newly 10 hours trying to get my stuff back. I still don't have a full answer. I might never get it back. I had 1000's of apps. And a reasonable collection of other iTunes media like videos and iBooks stuff. All gone. I need some of those apps to help me with everyday life, like translating words I don't understand or helping me remember things and help with with things like organising myself. and with the recent 6.1 software updates I don't have them all currently installed. I've been relying on iTunes in the Cloud to them but now they've all gone.

Apple won't give any solutions that don't involve repurchasing the apps or just accepting to never have some of them.

Has anybody had this happen to them? Did you get it fixed?

Any advice would be very help full..

Please forgive any spelling mistakes or typos, I had to use Dictation for most of this so I sometimes mess it up.

EDIT: She didn't create a new account, she converted the current one.

drcreek

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
I just got off the phone with Apple, They are refusing to budge.

They say it would be against policy to fix this mistake.

They've basically stolen back all the content I've bought since 2005.

I wouldn't mind if this was just games and songs, but there are apps I rely on. Like one that reminds me when to take my medication and others that help me spell and write.

I feel sick.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I've never heard of them converting an account. Usually they just recommend creating a new account in the new country store.

Have you tried changing the country back, down at the bottom of iTunes?

drcreek

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
I've never heard of them converting an account. Usually they just recommend creating a new account in the new country store.

Have you tried changing the country back, down at the bottom of iTunes?

Whenever I click purchased, It kicks me back to the swedish store.

drcreek

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Phoned them up.

They told me it was impossible to get out of the problem, I said it was perfectly easy enough to get in to it, Then they hung up on me.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: AppleCare Support accidentally wiped all my iTunes content. Now they won't fix

Phoned them up.

They told me it was impossible to get out of the problem, I said it was perfectly easy enough to get in to it, Then they hung up on me.
It really does not sound like Apple, Try until you get results.
That sounds very un-Apple like. Not that I don't believe you. I would try again and immediately ask for a supervisor.

If that doesn't work, try emailing one of the Apple executives (I forget which one is in charge of iTunes and the AppStore) up to and including Tim Cook and calmly state your problem and the treatment you received from the phone support.

They do monitor those accounts, maybe not personally but someone does, so hopefully that will get you a response.

I cannot tell you how many times i have looked up an executive on a major company that I have had trouble with their support team unwilling to help. By the way YES I have gotten back a call or email with a name to call expecting my call that DID assist me so it does work. Give Karen's advice a try and good luck to you. Please let us know how you did.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Re: AppleCare Support accidentally wiped all my iTunes content. Now they won't fix

This whole situation sounds really odd. Did you get the persons name who made this initial change for you that created the havoc?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods