Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Intermediate

Default Same songs being copied when I sync

With the present version and previous version of iTunes I notice that 3 songs from
    1 CD are constantly being copied to my iPad 3, iOS ver. 6.0.1 and to my iPhone 5, iOS
    ver 6.0.2.

When I look at the the album after I sync the songs are there.

Now a couple of months ago I was infected with a phishing virus. It came in an
    EMAIL from a B&B my daughter and husband were going to stay in. The phish
    started when I opened iTunes the next time after receiving the EMAIL.

The phish stated that 3 songs were missing from iTunes and asked if I wanted to re-download
    them from the iTune's store. Of course I wanted them back on my iDevice. When I went to
    re-download the songs the iTunes store said there was a problem with my credit card. All the time
    I was not being very observant. Well I entered my credit card info and I thought everything was
    good until my credit card company EMAILed me to verify an online purchase. Thats when I realized
    I had been phished.

I immediately notified the credit card company and was sent a new card.
    I also started using a virus checker on my iMac, ClamXav. It found the bad EMAIl and
    quarantined the EMAIL.

But as said said at the beginning I noticed that the 3 songs that were missing during the
    phishing attack are re-copied every time I sync both my iPad 3 and my iPhone 5.

Does this mean I still have the part of the phishing virus on my iMac? Also since Nov 2012
    I have been receiving infected EMAIL from the same credit card company. I didn't take notice to this
    until I was on vacation during the holidays. I notified the credit card company and have since turned off
    confirmation EMAILs from being sent.

Could the constant re-syncing of the 3 songs still be related to the previous phish attack?
    iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, iMAC 2013, Dell PC

Global Posts
    12,134 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Re: Same songs being copied when I sync

Do you use iTunes Match? Could be that it is confused... from time to time, I notice a few things happen like that for a time, then it goes away... and I also seem to see "genius mix" items seem to repeatedly sync... could also be a "nature of the beast" thing... I'm not terribly concerned about it.
    Keith - iMore Moderator - The Mobile Nations/iMore Forum Rules
     iPhone5 on VZW;  iPad(2012) - wifi with BadElf for GPS
    "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser." -- Socrates
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iMore Intermediate

Default Re: Same songs being copied when I sync

I don't use either iTunes Match or genius mix BUUT I will check 1st thing when I get home to make sure that they are disabled.
    Thanks for the info.
    iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, iMAC 2013, Dell PC