Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    517 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Question Why some purchases charged to iTunes balance and others to PayPal?

I have PayPal set up as my backup funding source at iTunes, but I usually run a positive balance there. I currently have about $20 in my iTunes account. Lately, however (in the past month), I'm noticing roughly half of my iTunes purchases are being charged right to my PayPal account rather than taking from my iTunes balance. Anyone know why this might be? No one has "hacked" my account. The purchases are legit, but I don't understand the re-directing of the funding source.

Global Posts
    2,807 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Why some purchases charged to iTunes balance and others to PayPal?

I actually noticed that too. It was only one charge but probably would have been more if I didn't notice the charge on my card. I don't know why this happened. I just took my credit card off as a backup funding source. I could always put it back if I need to.
    Thanked by:
    jkeitz (01-09-2013)
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    517 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Re: Why some purchases charged to iTunes balance and others to PayPal?

OK, thanks. That's probably what I'll do too, but I wanted to check to see if it was something I had done.
    iMore Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by phreddyl View Post
    I actually noticed that too. It was only one charge but probably would have been more if I didn't notice the charge on my card. I don't know why this happened. I just took my credit card off as a backup funding source. I could always put it back if I need to.
    Same here, I just removed my CC and decided to just keep a balance on my iTunes acct via iTunes gift cards. Since it wasn't working properly I decided it was better to be safe than sorry
    iMore Newbie

I've noticed this too but I believe they were just pending and never went through. I will have to double check this to be sure.