Your Apple id has been disabled

jkeitz

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
My son has an iPad Retina and an iPhone 4. Recently, he accidentally purchased (he doesn't remember doing so) $19 of doughnuts in the Simpsons Tapped Out. I helped him contact Apple to ask for a refund (I wasn't hopeful). A day later, Apple agreed to refund, but since then, whenever he tries to download anything, even free stuff, he gets the message "Your Apple ID Has been Disabled." I changed the password, but the same thing happens. We've emailed Apple, but I'm concerned that he will lose all his purchases. What else can I do? Should I b worried?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure it was disabled because it wasn't used responsibly. I'm guessing since its disabled you lose all purchases unless they decide to activate it again

jkeitz

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
If they do that due to one error, that's pretty much clear cut breach of contract, so I find it hard to imagine Apple would do that?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
If they do that due to one error, that's pretty much clear cut breach of contract, so I find it hard to imagine Apple would do that?

Go to the Apple.com/support website and get Apple to assist with this. I had a similar situation a while back with a purchase showing up that I don’t recall having made - and for something that I cannot imaging myself purchasing. My Apple App Store ID was disabled and I had to reset it and update the password. Apple was very helpful with getting it going again... there’s no "breach of contract", but Apple has taken this step to protect you and them.

jkeitz

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I tried that already, and I changed the password (actually, I changed it twice), but the Apple ID is still disabled. I only mentioned breach of contract in response to the answer that the account may be permanently disabled. I didn't mean to imply that a temporary disabling was a breach of contract.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I tried that already, and I changed the password (actually, I changed it twice), but the Apple ID is still disabled. I only mentioned breach of contract in response to the answer that the account may be permanently disabled. I didn't mean to imply that a temporary disabling was a breach of contract.

Have you contacted Apple support yet?

jkeitz

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
They have since refunded the charges to his account, but the ID is still disabled, so that's useless. Haven't heard anything back on email.

jkeitz

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
$19 in exchange for your apple ID would not be worth it IMO. I guess you have to sit tight and wait till they get back to you

Well, $19 plus all the apps and music he's already bought... I'm just hoping they actually do something to fix this.

seanpr

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
I had this happen, although it was a charge on PayPal that no one in my family made. Disputed through PayPal and Apple locked my ID. I sent an email to support and they re-activated it.

Sent from my iPad 1 via TapaTalk HD

jkeitz

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I had this happen, although it was a charge on PayPal that no one in my family made. Disputed through PayPal and Apple locked my ID. I sent an email to support and they re-activated it.

Sent from my iPad 1 via TapaTalk HD

How long did it take? We're on 3 days now with no response.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
How long did it take? We're on 3 days now with no response.

But you have to realize that it’s been three days over a holiday week/weekend. I suspect that you will hear something on Jan 2, when everyone returns to work, and business returns to normal.

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
But you have to realize that it?s been three days over a holiday week/weekend. I suspect that you will hear something on Jan 2, when everyone returns to work, and business returns to normal.

I agree. Apple gives everyone in that department/area off for the holidays so I wouldn't expect anything to be resolved till after Jan 2 like Fausty82 mentioned.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Call who? All they offered was an email contact form.

U.S. iPod, Mac and iPad technical support:
(800) APL-CARE (800-275-2273)
U.S. iPhone technical support:
(800) MY-IPHONE (800-694-7466)

Google is your friend

I'm sure they disabled in case of fraud because 19 bucks in purchases that you have to enter a password they prob thought someone hacked your account or apple Id .. Changing password is great but they have to re activate it for it to work again

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

jkeitz

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
U.S. iPod, Mac and iPad technical support:
(800) APL-CARE (800-275-2273)
U.S. iPhone technical support:
(800) MY-IPHONE (800-694-7466)

Google is your friend

I'm sure they disabled in case of fraud because 19 bucks in purchases that you have to enter a password they prob thought someone hacked your account or apple Id .. Changing password is great but they have to re activate it for it to work again

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

Thanks, that did it. I got Apple Care, and he opened a chat with iTunes, and all was fixed in about 15 minutes total!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen