Saw this posted elsewhere and seems a good question, however, I am not sure how to do it:
I have a 1TB NAS and I would like to stream movies from the NAS to my iPad on my home network but when I try to connect to the NAS, it can't find any movies. For example, I use cinexplayer and it shows nothing in the window when I connect.
To which I said:
Yeah, there is no actual AirPlay app that I am aware of. When you have media on you iPhone, iPad or in iTunes and it is playing, the icon will appear that you can stream to your Apple TV.
Now, how would that work on a iPhone or iPad if you want to open the file/play on it? There has to be a way to browse the content and then play. Using webaccess is one way. I can't think of another.
Thoughts from this crew?
- 12-20-2012, 10:19 AM #2
AirPlay is using another device as a screen or speakers for an iPhone, iPad, or Mac... there is also sharing an iTunes library... HomeShare enables one to play anything in that shared library on any iDevice that's on the same local network... and one can stream content from iCloud...
- 12-20-2012, 10:51 AM #4
- 12-20-2012, 11:16 AM #6
- By Dryland in forum iPhone 4Replies: 1Last Post: 11-03-2010, 06:36 PM
- By Bucketofried in forum iPhone 4Replies: 2Last Post: 09-17-2010, 11:02 AM
- By cdudek in forum Other Operating Systems & DevicesReplies: 3Last Post: 09-06-2010, 03:04 AM
- By cdudek in forum Apple TVReplies: 3Last Post: 09-06-2010, 03:04 AM
- By nickdunhill in forum General Developer DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 03-24-2010, 10:51 AM