iTunes 11: album art tab is greyed out, so can't add image

emjayess

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I tried searching the web for this one, but no luck. In iTunes 11, when I open "Get Info" for an album iTunes cannot find the artwork for, the Artwork" tab is greyed out. Therefore, I cannot add album art manually like I have always done in iTunes. It still works for other tracks not related to this album which is made by a small institute for therapeutic reasons ("rhythmic entrainment" from the Strong Institute).

Now, I should say that I first tried to highlight about 3 albums by this artist to use the same album art on all of them. The album art window in the "Get Info" window is very small and in the lower right hand corner with at check box next to it. I dragged the jpg image into it, it displayed there, and the box became checked. But when I closed the window the the album did not have the art/image. And when I again open the "Get Info" window for multiple tracks or just one track for this album, there is no album art anywhere--plus, as I said, the tab is greyed out. WTF?!

Any ideas much appreciated!

Greatgriffin

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Same here.
Using iTunes 11.3.1 and OS X 10.6.8

Can NOT change artwork (option = greyed out) if the imported file is any other than MP3 format.
So a CD imported as WAV or AIff files don't show artwork, same CD imported as MP3, DO show artwork (option is NOT greyed out)

I even bought 'Leawo Tunes Cleaner' to fix this bug.....NOT working.

Any suggestions?:confused:

Collin Bird

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
I had the same problem, but I fixed it by changing the music files from read-only
Highlight all your songs in explorer and uncheck read only the apply
Reload folder in iTunes and you should be able to manually add artwork np

money_bernd

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
had the same problem, but figured out that the file format for the tracks did not support artwork. so i transcoded the .wav files into .mp3 in itunes and now i've got the artwork. hope this may help someone :)