Apps purchased on iPhone won't sync to iTunes?

sprocket2107

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
So I downloaded a few apps on my phone earlier but when I just synced up my iPhone with my computer the apps did not show up in my app library. What is the issue?

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
what you could do is USB to iTunes and "transfer purchases" to put them into your iTunes library.

Pink-a-licious 4S doin' the TapAtalk !!

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
The easiest thing to do is to turn on automatic downloading in Preferences -> Store. Then whenever you purchase an app on the phone it will be automatically added to your iTunes library.

Karen, in regards to this setting, I actually had to sign into my acct on my laptop today to hide some apps and i set this option up for my apps only. Quick question i have for you - do you need the option in itunes "sync this phone with itunes on wifi" enabled to have this happen?

I dont, so thats why i'm wondering if it'll still work for me. Thanks!

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Nope. You don't have to sync anything. As long as you are signed into iTunes with the same ID that you purchased the app on your phone, then it should work fine. Even if you aren't signed in to iTunes, the next time you do, it should download the apps. It is not in any way tied to your device, just your Apple ID.

Awesome!! Thx so much for this info Karen !!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73