Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 51 to 61 of 61
Like Tree11Likes
  1. #51  
    seashell93's Avatar
    iMore Elite

    Posts
    2,614 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,980 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.1.2 :)

    Default First Impressions of iTunes 11

    Quote Originally Posted by Pink View Post
    I finally installed iTunes first thing this morning Everything went perfectly. I REALLY like the new layout indeed. First thing I did when i fired iTunes up is put back my left side bar and the control panel bar (files, edit etc.). Did a transfer of apps & back up. It does seem a bit quicker (on win7) the overall new look of the summary screen for your device is nicely laid out. i especially like when you hoover over each item in whats on your phone and shows a little bubble of the item and amount (photos 1gb, etc.)

    I still have to do more exploring, but so far i like it

    the only thing i'm not too keen on is when you sync or back up, the progress bar color has changed. i have color issues lol, so not sure what color its suppose to be, but looks like it blends in with the overall "apple" box that shows the progress. the previous versh did have a darker color which i was able to determine. Oh well - i guess me old eyes will adjust to it LOL

    Just one (silly?) question though - what the heck is "reset warnings" i never knew what that function did all these years i've used itunes {{embarrased face}}
    And here's something we didn't do 'together'...I jumped first, then kinda pulled you along...nice 'n easy!
    "Sometimes its not the song that makes you emotional. It's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it."
  2. #52  
    ThePinkChameleon's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    4,329 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,074 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.1.1

    Default Re: First Impressions of iTunes 11

    Quote Originally Posted by JustMe'D View Post
    I like the new look & feel of iTunes 11. It's more streamlined and efficient, in my opinion, and backing up my devices seem faster. I've also yet to experience any crashes / freeze-ups. It gets a thumbs up from me...
    Quote Originally Posted by seashell93 View Post
    Simply a thumbs up from me as well!
    I 3rd the thumbs up too

    Quote Originally Posted by seashell93 View Post
    And here's something we didn't do 'together'...I jumped first, then kinda pulled you along...nice 'n easy!
    hee hee. yep, just a little re-assuring tug

    iHeartMyPINKalicious5C~iPadAir~MBPretina
    *drink that Kool-Aid, follow my lead. now you're one of us, you're coming with me*
    Thanked by:
    JustMe'D (12-06-2012)
    seashell93 likes this.
  3. #53  
    Jaguarr40's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    12,919 Posts
    Global Posts
    17,061 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 7.1.2

    Default Re: First Impressions of iTunes 11

    Quote Originally Posted by Pink View Post
    I finally installed iTunes first thing this morning Everything went perfectly. I REALLY like the new layout indeed. First thing I did when i fired iTunes up is put back my left side bar and the control panel bar (files, edit etc.). Did a transfer of apps & back up. It does seem a bit quicker (on win7) the overall new look of the summary screen for your device is nicely laid out. i especially like when you hoover over each item in whats on your phone and shows a little bubble of the item and amount (photos 1gb, etc.)

    I still have to do more exploring, but so far i like it


    the only thing i'm not too keen on is when you sync or back up, the progress bar color has changed. i have color issues lol, so not sure what color its suppose to be, but looks like it blends in with the overall "apple" box that shows the progress. the previous versh did have a darker color which i was able to determine. Oh well - i guess me old eyes will adjust to it LOL

    Just one (silly?) question though - what the heck is "reset warnings" i never knew what that function did all these years i've used itunes {{embarrased face}}
    Well first things first Pink... I am still waiting for this challenge you spoke about from another thread we were in?? What gives??

    I also downloaded and installed iTunes 11 3 days ago and like all of the reat of my smart friends on here like Keith and D and you of course I like the UI and the store both Music and app are faster loading. Funny thing is that I did exactly what you did which is make it look like 10.7 with the sidebar, the menu bar at top and the status bar at the bottom.

    If I have one complaint so far for some reason when I first installed it w/o a hitch and it opened in less than full screen on my 22" widescreen I hit the upper box between the minimum and close top right to open to full screen. Now my status bar goes away and i have to constantly "PULL" the program away and resize smaller with the mouse arrows, Then hit for full screen again. Sometimes after restarting my computer to keep changes it stays for several days and then reverts back. Just kind of a pain if I can't snap iTunes to the side and open My Documents and snap it so that I can drag and drop videos and such into iTunes. Just a small quirk on my part. Otherwise as stated above.....wayyyyyyy above. I like the overall program.

    Now where is my challenge...lol
    ~JAG~
    Member Of iMore & Mobile Nations!
    In Memory Of Steve Jobs ... Rest In iPeace


  4. #54  
    Jaguarr40's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    12,919 Posts
    Global Posts
    17,061 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 7.1.2

    Default Re: First Impressions of iTunes 11

    Quote Originally Posted by Pink View Post
    thx Karen!! I did know about the "view" options because I saw it posted somewhere (here?) and I think it was by you ? I can't remember now lol.

    We didn't use cover flow or the dj thing anyway so that won't effect is at all.

    I'm hoping to convince everyone soon but in our family most of us have the "if it isn't broke don't fix it" kind of mentally and "why change it if it's working just fine" thing also.

    Ehh. It is what it is I guess. I'll just have to wait it out for now



    Pink-a-licious 4S doin' the TapAtalk !!
    Go on a ride with the hubby on the back of the H-D and then come back and install...lol Even though I see below you already did but I could not resist.
    ~JAG~
    Member Of iMore & Mobile Nations!
    In Memory Of Steve Jobs ... Rest In iPeace


  5. #55  
    Jaguarr40's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    12,919 Posts
    Global Posts
    17,061 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 7.1.2

    Default Re: First Impressions of iTunes 11

    Quote Originally Posted by savagmj View Post
    It looks smoother and cleaner having one issue though on my Windows Pc I can not add movies to iTunes that are mp4. It look like it will link over then movie never loads. Anyone else having issue?
    Nope all mine play and including all my You Tube videos.
    ~JAG~
    Member Of iMore & Mobile Nations!
    In Memory Of Steve Jobs ... Rest In iPeace


  6. #56  
    Jaguarr40's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    12,919 Posts
    Global Posts
    17,061 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 7.1.2

    Default Re: First Impressions of iTunes 11

    Quote Originally Posted by JustMe'D View Post
    I like the new look & feel of iTunes 11. It's more streamlined and efficient, in my opinion, and backing up my devices seem faster. I've also yet to experience any crashes / freeze-ups. It gets a thumbs up from me...
    I second that for 2 thumbs up!!
    ~JAG~
    Member Of iMore & Mobile Nations!
    In Memory Of Steve Jobs ... Rest In iPeace


  7. #57  
    ThePinkChameleon's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    4,329 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,074 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.1.1

    Default Re: First Impressions of iTunes 11

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguarr40 View Post
    Go on a ride with the hubby on the back of the H-D and then come back and install...lol Even though I see below you already did but I could not resist.
    hee hee! yep done & installed BTW, as for that ride....its too damn cold now

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguarr40 View Post
    Well first things first Pink... I am still waiting for this challenge you spoke about from another thread we were in?? What gives??

    I also downloaded and installed iTunes 11 3 days ago and like all of the reat of my smart friends on here like Keith and D and you of course I like the UI and the store both Music and app are faster loading. Funny thing is that I did exactly what you did which is make it look like 10.7 with the sidebar, the menu bar at top and the status bar at the bottom.

    If I have one complaint so far for some reason when I first installed it w/o a hitch and it opened in less than full screen on my 22" widescreen I hit the upper box between the minimum and close top right to open to full screen. Now my status bar goes away and i have to constantly "PULL" the program away and resize smaller with the mouse arrows, Then hit for full screen again. Sometimes after restarting my computer to keep changes it stays for several days and then reverts back. Just kind of a pain if I can't snap iTunes to the side and open My Documents and snap it so that I can drag and drop videos and such into iTunes. Just a small quirk on my part. Otherwise as stated above.....wayyyyyyy above. I like the overall program.

    Now where is my challenge...lol

    As for the screen size minimize/maximize - i see what your talking about. my screen is 17.5 and i have to toggle with the screen as well to be able to read all the info too. i was cruising around on the app store last night and it kinda was a PITA to read details & reviews.

    With setting the side bar, that was me needing to see that feature - but for the rest of the fam, having the other things "in view" was to make it easier for them this way iTunes 11 wasnt such a huge change from iTunes 10.7

    (and as for the other thing, i'm still closing out my apps nightly LOL)
    iHeartMyPINKalicious5C~iPadAir~MBPretina
    *drink that Kool-Aid, follow my lead. now you're one of us, you're coming with me*
    Jaguarr40 likes this.
  8. #58  
    Jaguarr40's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    12,919 Posts
    Global Posts
    17,061 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 7.1.2

    Default Re: First Impressions of iTunes 11

    Quote Originally Posted by Pink View Post
    hee hee! yep done & installed BTW, as for that ride....its too damn cold now




    As for the screen size minimize/maximize - i see what your talking about. my screen is 17.5 and i have to toggle with the screen as well to be able to read all the info too. i was cruising around on the app store last night and it kinda was a PITA to read details & reviews.

    With setting the side bar, that was me needing to see that feature - but for the rest of the fam, having the other things "in view" was to make it easier for them this way iTunes 11 wasnt such a huge change from iTunes 10.7

    (and as for the other thing, i'm still closing out my apps nightly LOL)
    I as you do agree with all your statements on the sizing but I found a solution to just size it as large as I can without it being full screen and then it works. Anyway TY for sharing your thoughts as it can be a PITA but that is why I set mine up the same reason you did so that it was an easy learning curve going from 10.7 and I like it that way it is now. Have a great weekend with the family and if you all lived down here you and the hubby could ride year round....
    ~JAG~
    Member Of iMore & Mobile Nations!
    In Memory Of Steve Jobs ... Rest In iPeace


  9. #59  
    Fausty82's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    8,597 Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 7.1 b5

    Default Re: First Impressions of iTunes 11

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguarr40 View Post
    If I have one complaint so far for some reason when I first installed it w/o a hitch and it opened in less than full screen on my 22" widescreen I hit the upper box between the minimum and close top right to open to full screen. Now my status bar goes away and i have to constantly "PULL" the program away and resize smaller with the mouse arrows, Then hit for full screen again. Sometimes after restarting my computer to keep changes it stays for several days and then reverts back. Just kind of a pain if I can't snap iTunes to the side and open My Documents and snap it so that I can drag and drop videos and such into iTunes. Just a small quirk on my part. Otherwise as stated above.....wayyyyyyy above. I like the overall program.

    Now where is my challenge...lol
    I donít know if youíre on a Mac or a Windows machine... but if youíre a Mac, thereís a really handy utility called Moom that makes instantly resizing app screes a snap.

    With this utility, you can define the screen as a grid of 2x2 up to 16x12 "cells". To use it, hover over the green "fullscreen" button on the tool bar and a grid representing your screen "cells" appears... simply draw a box around the size you want the app screen to fill, release the mouse and voila! the screen snaps to that size.

    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails First Impressions of iTunes 11-screen-shot-2012-12-07-4.01.45-pm.jpg  
    Curmudgeon and Former Member/Participant
    iPhone 5S / iPad Mini Retina / 15" MacBook Pro Retina
  10. #60  
    Jaguarr40's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    12,919 Posts
    Global Posts
    17,061 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 7.1.2

    Default Re: First Impressions of iTunes 11

    Quote Originally Posted by Fausty82 View Post
    I don’t know if you’re on a Mac or a Windows machine... but if you’re a Mac, there’s a really handy utility called Moom that makes instantly resizing app screes a snap.

    With this utility, you can define the screen as a grid of 2x2 up to 16x12 "cells". To use it, hover over the green "fullscreen" button on the tool bar and a grid representing your screen "cells" appears... simply draw a box around the size you want the app screen to fill, release the mouse and voila! the screen snaps to that size.

    Fausty TY and I do appreciate the info. I am a Windows 7 user so that would not work for me. It is a pain with this resizing thing which is a windows thing in this case. I can go to the Music portion of iTUnes where I have my Album Art displayed and it has to be sized right along with the same way I have mine set up like Pink. If I go into a store like App or Music I get the bar on the bottom that cuts part of colums off. I know this is a stupid thing but you have to size one thing to get it to play nice with something else but I think I finally have it and am going to leave it alone.

    The rest of my impressions of 11 are very good and I have no other issues. Thank you for the input.
    ~JAG~
    Member Of iMore & Mobile Nations!
    In Memory Of Steve Jobs ... Rest In iPeace


  11. Thread AuthorThread Author   #61  
    Karenkcoulter's Avatar

    Posts
    5,622 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,627 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6.1.3

    Default First Impressions of iTunes 11

    I like running iTunes in full screen mode on my MacBook 15". That way I don't have the dock or menu bar taking up space. But I'm rather fond of the full screen mode introduced with Lion. I keep Mail and Reeder opened in full screen too.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. A2DP on iPhone 3 first impressions
    By Justin in forum iPhone 4
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 06-18-2009, 02:58 PM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-17-2009, 04:13 PM
  3. Reinstallation of itunes
    By majorfire11 in forum iTunes
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-25-2008, 12:05 PM
  4. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 06-10-2008, 01:42 PM
  5. Get Rid of iTunes
    By copernicus in forum iTunes
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-21-2007, 11:57 AM

Posting Permissions