Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 30
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    Ringfinger's Avatar
    iMore Pro

    Posts
    630 Posts
    Global Posts
    802 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.0.1

    Default New Laptop and iTunes Install

    I am getting a new laptop, yay! Anyway, I have all my music on my NAS at the moment. I pointed iTunes to it and all works fine.

    Now, with my new laptop, I want to install iTunes and then point it to that library but also keep my current library file that I have I guess so that all playlists are intact? How do I do that and how do I store that library file on my NAS so I have nothing stored locally?

    Can anyone help?
  2. #2  
    Karenkcoulter's Avatar

    Posts
    7,857 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,862 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6.1.3

    Default New Laptop and iTunes Install

    New Windows or Mac laptop? Macs have a migration assistant app which should keep your library files intact during the move. Maybe something like that exists for Windows?

    For performance purposes you are
    better off keeping the library files on your local PC even if the music files are all on a NAS.
  3. #3  
    Peligro911's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    4,899 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,949 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6 and 5

    Default New Laptop and iTunes Install

    Quote Originally Posted by Ringfinger View Post
    I am getting a new laptop, yay! Anyway, I have all my music on my NAS at the moment. I pointed iTunes to it and all works fine.

    Now, with my new laptop, I want to install iTunes and then point it to that library but also keep my current library file that I have I guess so that all playlists are intact? How do I do that and how do I store that library file on my NAS so I have nothing stored locally?

    Can anyone help?
    Hold shift or the command if a Mac when opening iTunes and select the library on the nas
  4. Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  
    Ringfinger's Avatar
    iMore Pro

    Posts
    630 Posts
    Global Posts
    802 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.0.1

    Default New Laptop and iTunes Install

    I have had it on the NAS for a while and have had no performance issues to date.

    It is a PC. So, I get the part about the files on the nAS but how do I get the library file on the new PC before it creates a new one?
  5. Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  
    Ringfinger's Avatar
    iMore Pro

    Posts
    630 Posts
    Global Posts
    802 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.0.1

    Default New Laptop and iTunes Install

    Oh, wait a minute, read that again. Okay, so you are saying keep the library file local but the music files on the NAS? Okay, so do I hold down shift when launching to get that library file off of the NAS and then go to options to point the program to the NAS for the music files? So, then how do I get the library file to ultimately reside on my laptop?
  6. #6  
    Karenkcoulter's Avatar

    Posts
    7,857 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,862 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6.1.3

    Default New Laptop and iTunes Install

    If you're not having performance issues, then there's no issue leaving the library file where it is. So the method of opening a library given above should work.

    I made the suggestion to have the library file local because others have reported performance issues and having a local library file but remote music fixed it.
  7. Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  
    Ringfinger's Avatar
    iMore Pro

    Posts
    630 Posts
    Global Posts
    802 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.0.1

    Default New Laptop and iTunes Install

    Let me ask you a question, what kind of performance issues? Sometime it lags when scrolling or when I do a search in the search box. Is that an issue that others have? Seems to correct itself when I reboot PC. I was thinking it was windows related. Files seem to load and play quick. What issues do you speak of? And I assume hitting shift and launching iTunes and then picking the library file off of my NAS is what I am supposed to do? Now, one more question. The old PC that I was using iTunes on, it was set up the same way. Do I need to now have it store the file locally so that things don't get messed up or can both computers access the library file with no issues coming up? I know the file will get rewritten As iTunes is used so that is why I am concerned. I don't want to mess things up as I will likely rip music to and access from both computers. Another one, when I sync my iPhone, I imagine I should only use one computer all the time? Where do those files get stored anyhow and will I need to bring them over to the new computer? Thanks for all of the help.
  8. #8  
    Karenkcoulter's Avatar

    Posts
    7,857 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,862 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6.1.3

    Default Re: New Laptop and iTunes Install

    Quote Originally Posted by Ringfinger View Post
    1) Let me ask you a question, what kind of performance issues? Sometime it lags when scrolling or when I do a search in the search box. Is that an issue that others have? Seems to correct itself when I reboot PC. I was thinking it was windows related. Files seem to load and play quick. What issues do you speak of?

    2) And I assume hitting shift and launching iTunes and then picking the library file off of my NAS is what I am supposed to do?

    3) Now, one more question. The old PC that I was using iTunes on, it was set up the same way. Do I need to now have it store the file locally so that things don't get messed up or can both computers access the library file with no issues coming up? I know the file will get rewritten As iTunes is used so that is why I am concerned. I don't want to mess things up as I will likely rip music to and access from both computers.

    4) Another one, when I sync my iPhone, I imagine I should only use one computer all the time?

    5) Where do those files get stored anyhow and will I need to bring them over to the new computer?
    Answers
    1) General sluggishness, I think. If you search the forums, someone else recently was having performance issues with the music and library files on a NAS, and a local library file fixed their problem.

    2) Yes, assuming that you want to use the library file on the NAS.

    3) There may be conflicts with 2 computers accessing the same library file. I agree with your concern. It is probably better to have separate library files on each laptop (even if the library files reside on the NAS--just give them different names. With separate library files for each computer, I don't believe that you can share playlists. You may be able to export and then import them.

    4) Yes

    5) The default location for apps and such is within the iTunes directory. So if the location of your iTunes directory on the NAS is "NAS/iTunes", then under that you will have your library files and a directory called "iTunes Media". Inside iTunes Media, there are subdirectories for each type of iTunes Media so one for Music, Movies, TV, Podcasts, and Apps. They should be able to stay on the NAS.


    Here's some options:
    Option #1
    1) on the new laptop, just open up iTunes. It's library should be empty (and on the local drive since that is the default). On the old laptop, hold shift while opening iTunes and select the option to create a new library and put it locally on the laptop.
    2) Then on both laptops, open up the Preferences and go to the Advanced tab. Turn off the option to "Copy media to iTunes directory". Change the iTunes Media folder location to be the iTunes Media folder on the NAS.
    3) Again on both laptops, go to File -> Import and select the iTunes Media folder on the NAS. Since you have "Copy media" turned off, it should be pretty quick.
    4) When it's done, to verify, pick a song, movie, app, etc and do Ctrl-I to get info. On the first tab you should see the media location and it should be pointing to the file on the NAS.
    5) Go back into the Preferences and turn the "Copy media" option back on so that if you add more stuff later (like ripping a CD) it will get put onto the NAS and not the local drive. One disadvantage with this whole approach, is that if you rip the CD on laptop #1, then on laptop #2 you will have to turn the "Copy Media" flag off, and then do a File -> Import of just the directory that contains the newly ripped media in order to get it into the iTunes library on laptop #2.
    6) create playlists separately on each laptop

    Option #2 - Use iTunes Home Sharing
    1) You need to have a PC that is always on, or at least one that you can turn on when you want to use Home Sharing. You can also investigate the capabilities of your NAS. Some of them have a built-in iTunes Server which may work for this--although it may only work for music not other types of iTunes Media. Home Sharing only works over a local network.
    2) On the always on PC, do steps #1 - #5 above.
    3) On the always on PC, turn on and sign into Home Sharing with your Apple ID.
    4) On the other PC, create a new library as in step #1 above.
    5) On the other PC, sign into Home Sharing with the same Apple ID. You should see the "always on" PC under the Home Sharing list on the left. You can expand it to see all the folders of what you can access (Music, Movies, etc.)
    6) On the other PC, under Home Sharing folders, you should be able to just select a song and play it as usual. Or you can select some songs or other media and choose to import it from the Home Sharing PC's iTunes library to the other PC's iTunes library--this works well to grab music that you want on the other PC when you are not on the local network.
    7) Only ever add media via the always on PC.
    8) you will still have to have separate playlists.
    9) On advantage of Home Sharing is that you can sign into Home Sharing in both the Video and Music apps on iOS and play all your stuff without having to sync it to the iPhone/iPad/iTouch. As long as you are on your local network of course.

    Option #3 - Combination
    1) You can do Options #1 & #2 together. i.e., you can have local library file pointing at remote media and have Home Sharing turned on.

    Option #4 - iTunes Match (music only)
    1) Set up one laptop as in Option #1, items #1 - #5
    2) Turn on iTunes Match and pay the $25/year fee
    3) Let iTunes Match do it's thing. If it recognizes the song it will just mark it that you have it, if it doesn't then it will upload it. Depending on your library size and network speed, this may take a while. You can change which columns iTunes shows and there's a column you can add for iTunes Match status.
    4) On the second laptop, create a new iTunes library as in Option #1, step #1.
    5) On the second laptop, sign into iTunes Match. You will then see all your music without it actually being on the laptop and without looking at the NAS.
    6) Depending on how much you trust Apple, you can now delete all of your music. Probably safer to keep a backup though. However, on the first laptop you can delete it from the iTunes library. Deleting tracks should give you the option to a) remove from library, b) remove from library and send to trash, or c) remove from library and iTunes Match. If you "trust" Apple, then choose b), otherwise choose a). After deleting it from the library on the first laptop, the music will still be listed in iTunes.
    7) iTunes Match does sync playlists, so you will see the same playlists on any laptop you are signed into iTunes Match. You can also sign into iTunes Match on any iOS device.
    8) iTunes Match does not rely on the local network, but of course, you need to have an internet connection.
    9) If you ever need access to music when you don't have an internet connection, then while you do have a connection, you can just right-click on the songs on what and there is an option to download them locally. You can always delete them per step #6, option b when you return to an internet connection.
    10) You still have to choose another method for other iTunes Media like TV, Podcasts, Movies, and iOS apps.

    Hope this wasn't too confusing.
  9. Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  
    Ringfinger's Avatar
    iMore Pro

    Posts
    630 Posts
    Global Posts
    802 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.0.1

    Default Re: New Laptop and iTunes Install

    Holy mackerel! That's a lot of options. Let me narrow it down:

    1. I have an NAS that is a iTunes media server however in order for it to work, you have to have iTunes running on a computer.

    2. I do have home sharing enabled now so that I can play music/video on my Apple TV that is stored on the NAS.

    3. Let me simplify my life a little. With my current PC, I would like to store the itunes library file locally. I will let my son use it to back-up his iPhone and load music onto it. That's all it will be used for. With my new PC, I will store the itunes library file locally. I will enable home sharing. I will use the PC solely to back up mine and my wifes phones, to rip music to, to manage playlists from, etc. That way, from this point onward, all new music/playlists etc. will be controlled from the new laptop. Nothing new but my sons iPhone backups go on the old PC Does this make sense and if so, simplest way to accomplish? I think that is 1 and 2 combined?

    4. When I do back up my iPhone, where are the contacts and settings stored? In that NAS folder you told me about or locally on the PC? I am going to assume that backing up to the new PC and continuing to do that should not present any issues so long as I am consistent in doing so?

    5. Maybe Option 4 is the easiest? I would not delete any music however. The only issue is I have video on the NAS but I assume I can access it from both computers because I will have them pointing to the NAS folder? Wouldn't all you mentioned show up on both computers because such media will be stored on the NAS anyhow? If I end my subscription however, then I lose all my music, right? The only way not to is download all from the cloud, however since I would only be using one PC to add all new stuff, etc, that should not be an issue because I will have all my music still on the NAS. Is this redundant?
  10. Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  
    Ringfinger's Avatar
    iMore Pro

    Posts
    630 Posts
    Global Posts
    802 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.0.1

    Default New Laptop and iTunes Install

    So now, take this one step further, is it possible if I have iTunes match to even though I have four computers some of which have music stored locally, all have their own different iTunes libraries, if I have music match, will I be able to upload all of that under my ID to the cloud and then have it all sync back to all these separate computers? What about music that I ripped from CDs and then that uploads to the To the cloud? I understand that they will all have to be logged in under my account, that is my iTunes account, but what I'm wondering is is this a way to have all the computers be able to access all of the music without having to access the NAS? I would assume that if I wanted to discontinue my iTunes match service then I would have to download everything off of the cloud onto one computer and store on my NAS? That is what I am thinking but I have many questions obviously.
  11. Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  
    Ringfinger's Avatar
    iMore Pro

    Posts
    630 Posts
    Global Posts
    802 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.0.1

    Default New Laptop and iTunes Install

    Oh, and one more question, what about music that was downloaded under a different userid? Will that I'll be up loadable to the cloud under my ID with iTunes match?
  12. #12  
    Karenkcoulter's Avatar

    Posts
    7,857 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,862 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6.1.3

    Default Re: New Laptop and iTunes Install

    1 & 2) iTunes Media Server and Home Sharing are somewhat redundant as they both do similar things, i.e., let you access remote media without having it on your PC. No harm done though.

    3) Sounds about right.

    4) iPhone backups are not stored in the iTunes Media directory. They are buried somewhere on the local PC in the user directory. A quick google should tell you exactly where. However, unless you are opposed, I recommend doing iCloud backups rather than local (you can always do an occasional local backup in iTunes by right-clicking on your device and selecting backup). It does it much more frequently than you are likely to on your own-overnight, every night as long as the phone is not on battery.

    5) iTunes Match has the added advantage of syncing playlists and not being restricted to your local network. But, yes, it doesn't do video so you'd have to get that from the NAS. Yes, having the music on the NAS and iTunes Match is redundant. You can think of the NAS as your backup and for accessing video. If you end a subscription, you lose access to your music from iTunes Match and if you didn't back it up previously you would lose it--well, you would only lose music that you added from other sources, if you purchased it through iTunes you would still have it, but you may have to redownload it from the purchases section in iTunes.


    I think you are heading down a similar path as me, so here's my current setup in case that helps.
    1) I have a Mac Mini with a large external drive for all my media. It is always on and iTunes is always running. It has Home Sharing turned on. Think of this as a combination of your NAS and main laptop with Home Sharing on.
    2) I have 2 AppleTV 2's that use Home Sharing to play video and music.
    3) I have iTunes Match signed in on the Mac Mini (that's where it originally matched and upload non-matched music from). However, I still have all the music stored on the external drive on the Mac Mini. Adding music to the library on the Mac Mini will automatically update iTunes Match so it is available on other devices signed into the service.
    4) I have iTunes Match signed in on my laptop. So I can play music and create playlists that get sync'd. But none of the music is stored on the laptop. So if in my Library, I go to the Music tab, I can stream music to my laptop via iTunes Match anywhere that I have an internet connection.
    5) I also have Home Sharing turned on on my laptop so that I can access video, podcasts, etc that are located on the Mac Mini. I could play music on the laptop via Home Sharing if for some reason my internet connection was down but I still had my internal home network.
    6) Since the AppleTV's are on the local network, I use Home Sharing for music. However, I believe you can turn on iTunes Match on the Apple TV's as well, in which case if I took my AppleTV to say a hotel room with an internet connection, I could access all my iTunes Match music on it.
    7) My daughter connects to Home Sharing to watch video and listen to music. She also (with help) uses the Import feature of Home Sharing to import and store some of the media in her local PC. This is useful if she is going to the grandparent's for instance or is going to be on a plane, etc. I also sometimes do this import process on my laptop if I'm going to be off the local network and want a video that's on the Home Share.
    8) My husband can also use Home Sharing on his PC for music and video. He also sync's his iPhone to his PC.
    9) My iPhone is signed into both Home Sharing (the Music and Video apps) and iTunes Match. So at home I can access any music/video I have stored. On the road as long as I have a cell signal, I can access any music I have in iTunes Match.
    10) My iPad is pretty much set up the same as my iPhone. My 2 daughters are getting iPad mini's for Christmas and they will be set up the same way.
    11) I use iCloud to back up both devices. And since I have iTunes Match and Home Sharing, I rarely ever plug either device into my laptop. The only time I really plug it into the laptop to sync would be to transfer video to the device if I know I'm not going to be on the local network (and thus can't access Home Sharing). If I know cell service isn't going to be accessible either, then I just use the Music app on the phone to download whatever music I want from iTunes Match. And I use PhotoStream to get photo's off the iPhone. I do have to plug it in to the laptop to get video off since Photo Stream doesn't support it. The most likely reason that I plug the iPhone into the laptop is to charge it and there isn't an outlet around--and that doesn't happen that often since I charge nightly with a bedside dock.
    12) Basically unless I'm going to be off my local network, the iTunes library on my laptop is an empty shell and I don't have any media (except for photos/home videos which aren't part of iTunes anyway) stored on it. a) music thru iTunes Match, b) video/podcasts via the Home Share, c) iOS apps downloading to iTunes I have turned off because I can always get them again via the purchased tab of the AppStore (although I do have the Mac Mini set up to download any apps purchased with my Apple ID because I'm paranoid).
  13. #13  
    Karenkcoulter's Avatar

    Posts
    7,857 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,862 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6.1.3

    Default Re: New Laptop and iTunes Install

    Quote Originally Posted by Ringfinger View Post
    So now, take this one step further, is it possible if I have iTunes match to even though I have four computers some of which have music stored locally, all have their own different iTunes libraries, if I have music match, will I be able to upload all of that under my ID to the cloud and then have it all sync back to all these separate computers? What about music that I ripped from CDs and then that uploads to the To the cloud? I understand that they will all have to be logged in under my account, that is my iTunes account, but what I'm wondering is is this a way to have all the computers be able to access all of the music without having to access the NAS? I would assume that if I wanted to discontinue my iTunes match service then I would have to download everything off of the cloud onto one computer and store on my NAS? That is what I am thinking but I have many questions obviously.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringfinger View Post
    Oh, and one more question, what about music that was downloaded under a different userid? Will that I'll be up loadable to the cloud under my ID with iTunes match?
    Yes, any computer that you have signed into iTunes Match should be able to upload all of it's music to iTunes Match and see all music uploaded to iTunes Match via other devices. I think there is a limit (10, maybe) of computers that can participate. They would not need to access the NAS for music, just for video, podcasts, etc.

    Yes, if you discontinued the iTunes Match service, you would need to download everything first if you didn't already have it stored elsewhere.

    As long as it is music that you have ripped yourself or if purchased from iTunes is DRM-free, then it doesn't matter which iTunes ID was used to purchase the music. It may not work (I'm not sure) if the music was purchased under a different iTunes ID when iTunes music was still using DRM. There are ways to strip that DRM off if you are so inclined though. A quick google will tell you when iTunes music became DRM-free. I'm thinking it was somewhere around 2008.
    Last edited by Karenkcoulter; 11-21-2012 at 01:45 PM. Reason: Adding additional info
  14. Thread AuthorThread Author   #14  
    Ringfinger's Avatar
    iMore Pro

    Posts
    630 Posts
    Global Posts
    802 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.0.1

    Default Re: New Laptop and iTunes Install

    Okay, I have been working on this for hours now, ugh! I do appreciate all the help, and here is where I am so far:

    1. On new PC, installed iTunes, it set up a new library locally on the laptop. I pointed it to the NAS in the preferences>advanced. I did the import and it took quite a bit of time as I have like 7000 songs and there are 250 apps. When finished, I verified files not stored locally, no problem, that was fine. I then turned the copy media function back on and checked the keep organized tab. Well that opened a can of worms and I had to point like 100+ songs back to where their MP4 files were. Ugh! When I was almost done I think it started to do this by itself, does this make sense?Also, If I were to go to file>organize library, what would that have done and would it have screwed anything up? Why would I do that in the future? Anyway, after all was said and done, have some issues with it. It can see the music/video/apps etc on the NAS and play them. That is good. However, the NAS does not show up in the shared area on the left as it should, I can't see the old desktop (see #2) that I set up and I set up sharing however I can't see it in my Apple TV and I don't see the airplay logo in the bottom right of the screen as I should. Now, this is an issue that needs to be resolved. This is your #1 mentioned above.

    2. I opened iTunes on the old desktop, held shift, and created a new library locally. All fine there. I have home sharing on. I can see the NAS and music under the shared area. I however can't see anything else on the NAS such as video, apps, etc. When I hit the music (not the shared section) and the video , there is nothing. Basically, it is not accessing the NAS for it's files other than where I see the music under the NAS shared area. I think the reason for this is I did not do as in #1 above import function as I was afraid I would screw up the folders on the NAS like I did when I did it on the laptop. The preferences are pointed to the media file on the NAS however. I can also see the laptop under the share however it seems to not see anything and times out and goes back to welcome screen. Also, it is sharing with the apple TV however since it has nothing in/on it, it says the library is empty and the apple TV can't play anything. All I want to do is have the laptop accessible to apple TV anyhow so I can see the videos. So, how do I fix this situation? This is your #4 and #5 mentioned above.

    3. I would like to add sharing to other computers however since #2 above did not work, how will it work on others? (like my sons and my wifes laptops?)

    4/ iTunes match is running now and I plan to use it on other PC's once I can solve the above. Please help.

    5. What does this mean: 12) Basically unless I'm going to be off my local network, the iTunes library on my laptop is an empty shell and I don't have any media (except for photos/home videos which aren't part of iTunes anyway) stored on it. a) music thru iTunes Match, b) video/podcasts via the Home Share, c) iOS apps downloading to iTunes I have turned off because I can always get them again via the purchased tab of the AppStore (although I do have the Mac Mini set up to download any apps purchased with my Apple ID because I'm paranoid).

    I understand you don't have anything stored on it but what does a,b,c mean and where is that option?

    I really need help, thanks!
  15. #15  
    Karenkcoulter's Avatar

    Posts
    7,857 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,862 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6.1.3

    Default New Laptop and iTunes Install

    Well I'm about to go to bed so ill try to remember to reply in the morning to try to help.

    Anyway in regards to the a, b, c all I was trying to say is that those are places I store the media rather than get it from my local laptop hard drive. I didn't mean for it to be seen as options for you to try to find.
  16. Thread AuthorThread Author   #16  
    Ringfinger's Avatar
    iMore Pro

    Posts
    630 Posts
    Global Posts
    802 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.0.1

    Default Re: New Laptop and iTunes Install

    Gotcha on the a,b,c. You don't have them stored locally. Still having issues. ITunes match keeps locking up my iTunes, not sure what to do. The NAS showed up under shared but have not clicked on it because it keeps locking up. Also, what did you mean in 6 in you post prior? About deleting from library and all that? Hope you are having a good holiday, I need to take a rest from this!
  17. Thread AuthorThread Author   #17  
    Ringfinger's Avatar
    iMore Pro

    Posts
    630 Posts
    Global Posts
    802 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.0.1

    Default Re: New Laptop and iTunes Install

    Okay, update and questions. I have also posted on Apple site. I will just cut and paste:

    1. All my songs have been matched or uploaded. Now, if I want a higher sampling rate copy downloaded to my PC (music is stored on my NAS actually), how do I do that and will it replace my old file? I store my library on an NAS I have but my library file is local for performace improvement. Would I lose that downladed better version if I were to discountinue my service?



    2. When I rip a CD or whatever, does it automatically update to the cloud or do I have to trigger something to do so?



    3, I noticed some items had artwork missing. I was able to either find it through iTunes or download an image and associate it to the album. I noticed tha has not seem to carry through to the cloud and I don't see the artwork there that I recently added and can see fine on my laptop, why is that and how can I get that artwork to the cloud?



    4. I have an i Phone and my wife has an iPhone. I set up match for my iPhone and it said it would replace existing library and playlists. Fine, I understand all of that. However my wife has her own apple ID. I would like to set her up for match but I assume I would have to login her music/iTunes store under my ID on her phone? Will that screw up her phone when syncing to iTunes and somehow combine mine and my wifes phone info (contacts, apps, etc)? I sync both to my laptop. Can I somehow get her playlists off her phone and somehow into the cloud so that she will have them? I am assuming once I set her phone up for the cloud, she will lose all of her playlists as they are not set up on my pc as I just did a fresh install of iTunes before activating the service.



    1. I want to install iTunes on my wifes computer, set up iTunes match for her, set up shaing. She will have a "shell" setup where notjing is stored as she is sharing with me and accessing the cloud. Do I need to set up that computer under my user id even though she has her own? I figure thats the only way to get her to iTunes match that I have?



    2. How do I do this all? Meaning, I will have a local library file for her but I need to point her laptop to the NAS with the files on them. If I change her iTunes media file to that location on the NAS and check keep organized, will it screw up the files I have there? I noticed when I did that on my PC it moved some fles around and I had to reassociate lost files to songs. Took hurs. Would iTunes have done that automatically for me somehow? Should I not check the keep organized for her as she will not be adding music anyhow? What is the harm either way?



    3. How do I see my pictures on my ATV unit? I thought I used to be able to but don't see an "app" on the ATV to do so, just photo stream which I do not want to do. I thought I used to be able to access the pictures stored on my NAS? Am I dreaming this or did it go away? My NAS is an iTunes server and I swear I used to be able to access them from my ATV? All I see on my ATV under my library is music, podcasts and movies.



    4. I have my NAS sharing (home sharing) and I can see it on my laptop with iTuenes installed. When I click on it I see only music, no movies or anything else, why is that and is it something to do with home sharing? But, like I said I can see thse movies on ATV under my library. I can also see my playlists on the shared on my laptop but nothing is in them. I think that may be becuase they were set up under another library and now that I hve a new library file, they don't carry over? I don't see any of said playlists in the standard iTunes interface under playlists, just under the shared however like I said, no files in them. Also, the share comes and goes as in sometimes I see it sometimes I don't however I am always able to access the NAS from iTunes. Strange, may be network issues?



    5. Along those same lines, sometimes the home share just up and dissapears from ATV. Maybe a network issue?



    6. Lastly, I just did my first backup/sync of my iPhone to my new laptop with the fresh install of iTunes on it. It gave me some sort of message that I can only sync to one computer and do I want to overwrite or whatever? I said no and it did nothing. After that, I did a back-up however it seemed to go fast and I also did a sync. The sync was three steps, used to be like six and I did not notice any of my new apps being copied to it. Something is wrong here but not sure what to do, ideas?



    Thanks in advance for any and all help
  18. #18  
    Karenkcoulter's Avatar

    Posts
    7,857 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,862 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6.1.3

    Default Re: New Laptop and iTunes Install

    Now that I've recovered from my turkey coma, I'll see if I can help.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ringfinger View Post
    1. All my songs have been matched or uploaded. Now, if I want a higher sampling rate copy downloaded to my PC (music is stored on my NAS actually), how do I do that and will it replace my old file? I store my library on an NAS I have but my library file is local for performace improvement. Would I lose that downladed better version if I were to discountinue my service?
    Basically, you just delete the file you have and then re-download it from iTunes Match and you'll have the higher sampling rate. Of course, this only works for things that were 'matched' not 'uploaded' to iTunes Match. You do not lose the better version if you discontinue the service. A better way to do it all at once is to create a smart playlist. If I remember correctly, it is something along the lines of "iTunes Match Status is 'Matched' and Bit Rate less than '256'". Then you go to the playlist and delete all songs not from the playlist, but from your library. Then you select all songs in the playlist and right-click and select the option to download from iTunes Match. There were lots of guides for this online when iTunes Match first came out so I'd check for one of those rather than relying on my memory on how to do this.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ringfinger View Post
    2. When I rip a CD or whatever, does it automatically update to the cloud or do I have to trigger something to do so?
    It will automatically update, but if you want it to do so immediately, then right-click on the songs after you finish ripping them and there is an option to 'Add to iTunes Match'. You can also go to the top menu Store -> Update iTunes Match.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ringfinger View Post
    3, I noticed some items had artwork missing. I was able to either find it through iTunes or download an image and associate it to the album. I noticed tha has not seem to carry through to the cloud and I don't see the artwork there that I recently added and can see fine on my laptop, why is that and how can I get that artwork to the cloud?
    Try doing Store -> Update iTunes Match. It should pick up metadata changes including artwork.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ringfinger View Post
    4. I have an i Phone and my wife has an iPhone. I set up match for my iPhone and it said it would replace existing library and playlists. Fine, I understand all of that. However my wife has her own apple ID. I would like to set her up for match but I assume I would have to login her music/iTunes store under my ID on her phone? Will that screw up her phone when syncing to iTunes and somehow combine mine and my wifes phone info (contacts, apps, etc)? I sync both to my laptop. Can I somehow get her playlists off her phone and somehow into the cloud so that she will have them? I am assuming once I set her phone up for the cloud, she will lose all of her playlists as they are not set up on my pc as I just did a fresh install of iTunes before activating the service.
    I don't think it will mess with syncing her phone, but yes, you will have to sign into iTunes using your ID. This will also affect the App Store. But as long as she is signed into iCloud (or whatever) for her mail, contacts, etc. it won't combine those. She should also still use her own ID for iMessages and FaceTime. It also shouldn't affect any apps that she currently has on the phone. However any new apps she purchases would have to be under your ID (i.e., she would need to know your password). But on the other hand that means that you can share app purchases rather than both of you purchasing the same app. If it's an app that was under her ID and she goes to update it or do in-app purchases then she would need to use her Apple ID and password. But new stuff going forward would all be under the same ID.

    I'm not sure about getting playlists off of her phone, but once you get them set up again in iTunes, iTunes Match does sync playlists, so all playlists will show up on both phones and she can just use hers.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ringfinger View Post
    1. I want to install iTunes on my wifes computer, set up iTunes match for her, set up shaing. She will have a "shell" setup where notjing is stored as she is sharing with me and accessing the cloud. Do I need to set up that computer under my user id even though she has her own? I figure thats the only way to get her to iTunes match that I have?
    You will need to sign into the iTunes store using your ID.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ringfinger View Post
    2. How do I do this all? Meaning, I will have a local library file for her but I need to point her laptop to the NAS with the files on them. If I change her iTunes media file to that location on the NAS and check keep organized, will it screw up the files I have there? I noticed when I did that on my PC it moved some fles around and I had to reassociate lost files to songs. Took hurs. Would iTunes have done that automatically for me somehow? Should I not check the keep organized for her as she will not be adding music anyhow? What is the harm either way?
    I would suggest just leaving her library file pointing to the default local directory for iTunes. She'll be connnected to iTunes Match for music. Yes, if she downloads the music it will be stored locally, but she can always delete it and it will still be in iTunes Match. For other media, she should be able to access it off of the share.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ringfinger View Post
    3. How do I see my pictures on my ATV unit? I thought I used to be able to but don't see an "app" on the ATV to do so, just photo stream which I do not want to do. I thought I used to be able to access the pictures stored on my NAS? Am I dreaming this or did it go away? My NAS is an iTunes server and I swear I used to be able to access them from my ATV? All I see on my ATV under my library is music, podcasts and movies.
    I just double-checked my ATV and PhotoStream is the only app I see for seeing photos. One way you can see photos is to use AirPlay via your phone. Of course, that doesn't help for photos on your PC. I'm guessing that you could probably find a utility that will allow you to serve photos via AirPlay.

    All I see on the ATV under Computers -> My Library is Music, TV, Movies, Podcasts.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ringfinger View Post
    4. I have my NAS sharing (home sharing) and I can see it on my laptop with iTuenes installed. When I click on it I see only music, no movies or anything else, why is that and is it something to do with home sharing? But, like I said I can see thse movies on ATV under my library. I can also see my playlists on the shared on my laptop but nothing is in them. I think that may be becuase they were set up under another library and now that I hve a new library file, they don't carry over? I don't see any of said playlists in the standard iTunes interface under playlists, just under the shared however like I said, no files in them. Also, the share comes and goes as in sometimes I see it sometimes I don't however I am always able to access the NAS from iTunes. Strange, may be network issues?
    I believe that an iTunes Server running on a NAS only works for music so that's why you don't see Movies, etc when you click on the NAS share.

    I am guessing that the playlists did not carry over just as you said.

    You can see movies on the ATV due to Home Sharing and the fact that those movies are part of your library which is logged into Home Sharing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ringfinger View Post
    5. Along those same lines, sometimes the home share just up and dissapears from ATV. Maybe a network issue?
    I assume when it disappears, your PC with the main Home Share is still on with iTunes running? If so, then possibly a network issue. Do you have your ATV hardwired into your network or using wifi? If possible, I recommend using an ethernet cable.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ringfinger View Post
    6. Lastly, I just did my first backup/sync of my iPhone to my new laptop with the fresh install of iTunes on it. It gave me some sort of message that I can only sync to one computer and do I want to overwrite or whatever? I said no and it did nothing. After that, I did a back-up however it seemed to go fast and I also did a sync. The sync was three steps, used to be like six and I did not notice any of my new apps being copied to it. Something is wrong here but not sure what to do, ideas?
    I've had that error happen to me as well. And like you said, it later seems to backup and sync, at least sort of.

    But honestly, I don't sync apps to/from my phone anymore. I just have the settings in iTunes and on my phone set to automatically download new apps purchased under my Apple ID automatically. It's under Preferences -> Store tab on iTunes and Settings -> iTunes and App Stores on the phone.
  19. Thread AuthorThread Author   #19  
    Ringfinger's Avatar
    iMore Pro

    Posts
    630 Posts
    Global Posts
    802 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.0.1

    Default Re: New Laptop and iTunes Install

    You have been incredibly helpful, thank you. I may be in the home stretch here, but have some questions and comments as follow:

    1. When you say "library", you mean the actual copy of the file on the NAS, correct? In other words, delete the original files and download the upgraded copy? This will automatically save to the correct spot and folder on the NAS right because I have iTunes pointing to the NAS? You had mentioned in a prior post that if I "trusted" Apple, I could delete the original files. Well, I won't do that for safety's sake, I'll always have a copy on my NAS but it will be that "upgraded" copy we are discussing here. What is the difference between "removing from the library" and "removing from the library and sending to trash?" I would assume one just removes the "pointer" to the song or file where the other "removes the file and deletes the music on the NAS?" I guess by using iTunes match, I don't need to have that pointer anymore since all is stored "on the cloud". If so, I am assuming the computer right now is not looking for that library file anymore since I have match enabled? If I disable it, I would assume it would look for that local library file so it knows where my music is at?

    2. 10-4.

    3. It still has not updated. Maybe I did something wrong? I just clicked on one track of the album and associated the artwork. Do I need to do a ctrl>click and select the whole album then associate the artwork maybe?

    4. 10-4. I will verify the correct id's are used.


    1. 10-4, that's what I will do so that she can use my iTunes match.

    2. 10-4. By the way, what is the organize library setting/option for?

    3. Hmm, that's strange, maybe that functionality was removed by Apple on a software update recently? I sear I used to be able to view my prictures on my ATV.

    4. 10-4.

    5, I use wi-fi for my ATV but have never had issues from that standpoint.

    6. Will do.


    Again, thanks for all of the help.
  20. #20  
    Karenkcoulter's Avatar

    Posts
    7,857 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,862 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6.1.3

    Default Re: New Laptop and iTunes Install

    Quote Originally Posted by Ringfinger View Post
    1. When you say "library", you mean the actual copy of the file on the NAS, correct? In other words, delete the original files and download the upgraded copy? This will automatically save to the correct spot and folder on the NAS right because I have iTunes pointing to the NAS? You had mentioned in a prior post that if I "trusted" Apple, I could delete the original files. Well, I won't do that for safety's sake, I'll always have a copy on my NAS but it will be that "upgraded" copy we are discussing here. What is the difference between "removing from the library" and "removing from the library and sending to trash?" I would assume one just removes the "pointer" to the song or file where the other "removes the file and deletes the music on the NAS?" I guess by using iTunes match, I don't need to have that pointer anymore since all is stored "on the cloud". If so, I am assuming the computer right now is not looking for that library file anymore since I have match enabled? If I disable it, I would assume it would look for that local library file so it knows where my music is at?
    By "library" I mean the iTunes library file (the .itl and .xml) files that then point to your music wherever it may be. So when you select a song in iTunes and delete it you those 2 choices. Yes "removing from the library" just removes the pointer to the file on the iTunes library file. The file remains in the same location (NAS in your case). "Removing from library and move to trash" removes the pointer to the file in the iTunes library and physically removes the file from disc. Since in your case the disc is the remote NAS, it will actually be deleted completely rather than moved to the trash (from where it could be restored), since disc a-your laptops local hard drive-cannot maintain an trashcan for disc b-your NAS.

    With either option, after you delete it, you will see a "cloud download" icon appear in the "iCloud Download" column (if you don't have this visible you can right-click to see the same options. To show the column, go to View -> View Options from the top menu bar and check the column.) FYI...there is also an iCloud Status column you can add which shows whether the music was purchased, matched, uploaded, or in progress.

    So if you click the "cloud download" icon it will download the higher quality version. It should put it in the iTunes library location which is your NAS. The only difference between the "remove" and "remove and trash" options is that in the "remove" option, I'm not sure if the NAS would keep both versions (because you didn't "trash" it) with different filenames for each file. But even if it kept both, your iTunes library will only be pointing to the upgraded one.

    You don't need to have the "pointer" anymore to play the music because it can be streamed from the cloud on demand when you click on a song, start a playlist, etc. However, if you do have the music file in the location pointed to by your iTunes library file, it will play that one (whether its the original one or the higher quality one you downloaded), it will play it from that file rather than from the cloud. So from what I remember of your setup, since the iTunes library on your PC is pointing to the files physically located on the NAS, you will be playing them from there (the higher quality version assuming you've completed that process). However, your wife whose iTunes library is not pointing to the files on the NAS will be playing them streamed from the cloud.

    Hope that helps...

    Quote Originally Posted by Ringfinger View Post
    3. It still has not updated. Maybe I did something wrong? I just clicked on one track of the album and associated the artwork. Do I need to do a ctrl>click and select the whole album then associate the artwork maybe?
    I'd try the whole album and then doing the update iTunes Match. iTunes Match is supposed to accept updates to album art and metadata, but I haven't messed with it much because I'd cleaned up my album art and metadata before iTunes Match was announced. At worst (if it's just a few albums), since you have the physical mp3 (or whatever) files, you could back them up somewhere else, and then delete them from the iTunes library (as above), but select the option to "delete from iCloud". Then do your album art/metadata updates. Then add them back to your iTunes Library. When iTunes Match updates, it should pick them up as "new music" and add them to your collection complete with your updates.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ringfinger View Post
    2. 10-4. By the way, what is the organize library setting/option for?
    Organize library "neatens" your library structure so that all music is in subfolders by artist, album and tv is in subfolders by show, season, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ringfinger View Post
    3. Hmm, that's strange, maybe that functionality was removed by Apple on a software update recently? I swear I used to be able to view my prictures on my ATV.
    Not sure on that one. Not sure I've really looked into that one much since if I'm going to show photos on the ATV, it's usually ones that I've just taken and so are still on my phone so I just AirPlay them over to the ATV.
  21. Thread AuthorThread Author   #21  
    Ringfinger's Avatar
    iMore Pro

    Posts
    630 Posts
    Global Posts
    802 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.0.1

    Default Re: New Laptop and iTunes Install

    You have been far more help than I deserve! I really appreciate it. I am actually smart, I just have a technical background so I like to know exactly what is going on and all the options, sorry. Okay, my interpretation:

    1. I'm going to try all that and see what happens when I delete from NAS and don't and see what kind of files show up or are replaced, So, going back to your post earlier, if I want to download all 256 bitrate files (those matched, not uploaded, I get that) I will delete from library (itl file) and from NAS and trash? That way, it removes the "pointer as well as the electronic music file?" Then, I do the playlist as suggested by you, but then I get fuzzy since I already deleted. You said to "delete from playlist but not library" so if I do as mentioned prior, it probably wont work? Lastly, so, on my laptop that points to the NAS files, if I am on the road, how will I play them from laptop? I can't, right? That's because it is not streaming but rather is playing from NAS?

    3. The artwork I am about to give up on because it doesn't seem to work and I lost a bit. You say to delete and re-add and all that however there seems to be something I don't quite get. You say to back up the music files (10-4), then delete from iTunes Library but select delete from iCloud. So that means delete the physical file copy as well since I backed it up? Then you say to do album art, how can I do that if I deleted as prior? What would I be adding them to? I guess I am a lost cause...

    2. As far as organizing, right now I have the local iTunes folder with the library, artwork and add to Itunes folders/files. I have the NAS with iTunes>iTunes Music>Then all the subfolders. That seems organized to me and I hesitate to choose that option as I fear it will pick stuff out of folders again like what happened last time!! Anyway, if I chose it would it go to my local folder or to the NAS folder?

    3. I'll ask at Apple boards on the photos. I could be hallucinating!


    Again, thank you thank you so much!!
  22. #22  
    Karenkcoulter's Avatar

    Posts
    7,857 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,862 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6.1.3

    Default New Laptop and iTunes Install

    I'll try to get back to you this evening.
  23. #23  
    Karenkcoulter's Avatar

    Posts
    7,857 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,862 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6.1.3

    Default Re: New Laptop and iTunes Install

    Quote Originally Posted by Ringfinger View Post
    You have been far more help than I deserve! I really appreciate it. I am actually smart, I just have a technical background so I like to know exactly what is going on and all the options, sorry.
    No problem. Glad I could help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringfinger View Post
    1. I'm going to try all that and see what happens when I delete from NAS and don't and see what kind of files show up or are replaced, So, going back to your post earlier, if I want to download all 256 bitrate files (those matched, not uploaded, I get that) I will delete from library (itl file) and from NAS and trash? That way, it removes the "pointer as well as the electronic music file?" Then, I do the playlist as suggested by you, but then I get fuzzy since I already deleted. You said to "delete from playlist but not library" so if I do as mentioned prior, it probably wont work? Lastly, so, on my laptop that points to the NAS files, if I am on the road, how will I play them from laptop? I can't, right? That's because it is not streaming but rather is playing from NAS?
    When I was talking about creating the playlist and then deleting it was an easy was to get rid of the lower quality files all at once assuming that you have a mixture of low and high quality--don't need replacing--music file. The playlist would be created before doing the deleting. It was just a way to facilitate getting the higher quality files. There were step by step guides all around last year when iTunes Match first came out. I'd search for one of those and follow it.

    Yes, your laptop points to the files on the NAS unless you delete them (from the library but not off the NAS) so that you are listening to music off of iTunes Match like your wife's laptop. I think I was thinking that you would have 1 PC that was in the house all the time (like I have a Mac Mini which doesn't travel and my laptop, by husband's and daughter's all stream music off of iTunes Match so that it is available wherever there is an internet connection).

    Anyway, just a suggestion. Now that you have everything on iTunes Match (music at least), create 2 libraries on your laptop (use the Shift-open iTunes to create a new library). Have the main one that you already have to use in your house, access/control Home Sharing, sync you and your wife's phones if you want to, etc. On the second library, don't set any of that stuff up. Leave the library location where it is. Just sign into iTunes and turn on iTunes Match and then all your music will be there. When you are traveling you would then make sure you selected this library.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ringfinger View Post
    3. The artwork I am about to give up on because it doesn't seem to work and I lost a bit. You say to delete and re-add and all that however there seems to be something I don't quite get. You say to back up the music files (10-4), then delete from iTunes Library but select delete from iCloud. So that means delete the physical file copy as well since I backed it up? Then you say to do album art, how can I do that if I deleted as prior? What would I be adding them to? I guess I am a lost cause...
    I'll try again...Pick a music file. Make a copy somewhere safe (just in case). Delete the music track within iTunes. In the popup, choose the option to "delete from iCloud/iTunes Match". Since you are in your main iTunes library, you should still see the track there because you are pointing to the physical file on the NAS. Add the artwork to this file using whatever means you are using. Then right-click on the track in iTunes and choose the option to add to iTunes Match. If that doesn't work, then I give up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringfinger View Post
    2. As far as organizing, right now I have the local iTunes folder with the library, artwork and add to Itunes folders/files. I have the NAS with iTunes>iTunes Music>Then all the subfolders. That seems organized to me and I hesitate to choose that option as I fear it will pick stuff out of folders again like what happened last time!! Anyway, if I chose it would it go to my local folder or to the NAS folder?
    The organizing should happen in whatever folder you have set up in the Preferences as your iTunes media location. But it sounds like yours is already fairly organized so I wouldn't bother.

    Where organizing is useful is where someone didn't have the "copy to iTunes Media location" option checked when they added new music/videos/etc. In that case, the iTunes library file just points to the file in whatever location it was in rather than being located in a subdirectory of the iTunes media location rather than copying it into the media location and pointing to it there. In this case, organizing the library will copy everything under the iTunes media location.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ringfinger View Post
    3. I'll ask at Apple boards on the photos. I could be hallucinating!


    Again, thank you thank you so much!!
  24. Thread AuthorThread Author   #24  
    Ringfinger's Avatar
    iMore Pro

    Posts
    630 Posts
    Global Posts
    802 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.0.1

    Default Re: New Laptop and iTunes Install

    10x Thanks!

    Here is a link to replace your library:

    How to use iTunes Match to upgrade audio quality | How To - CNET

    I am going to do it bit by bit as I have read horror stories of live tracks being replaced by studio tracks and other mishaps. I am going to back-up my ENTIRE library (my original music files) and save it somewhere on my NAS in case I have an issue when it downloads the new version. Just to be safe. I can just create a folder and then drag the entire library onto it, right? I would think so but I read where someone did that and it didn't copy everything. It is a basic windows function, so not sure why it wouldn't do a copy like that. I can understand copy/paste may be an issue...

    My main PC is my laptop, so it may travel. I will keep it as is (current library) but also do a shft>open itunes and create one I will call "travel", sign into i-tunes and turn on match. Simple enough and I will use that library file when on the road. I assume to choose a specific library file, when I open iTunes I..... (that is a question) ;-)

    I'll try your artwork solution. I am assuming when you say delete, I am just deleting from iTunes library and icloud and not deleting from the NAS?
  25. #25  
    Karenkcoulter's Avatar

    Posts
    7,857 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,862 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6.1.3

    Default Re: New Laptop and iTunes Install

    Quote Originally Posted by Ringfinger View Post
    10x Thanks!

    Here is a link to replace your library:

    How to use iTunes Match to upgrade audio quality | How To - CNET

    I am going to do it bit by bit as I have read horror stories of live tracks being replaced by studio tracks and other mishaps. I am going to back-up my ENTIRE library (my original music files) and save it somewhere on my NAS in case I have an issue when it downloads the new version. Just to be safe. I can just create a folder and then drag the entire library onto it, right? I would think so but I read where someone did that and it didn't copy everything. It is a basic windows function, so not sure why it wouldn't do a copy like that. I can understand copy/paste may be an issue...
    You should just be able to create a folder and drag the contents to it. But be aware that within the same drive (i.e., the NAS or your laptop harddrive), by default dragging a folder does a move not a copy. So you're better off doing a right-click Copy and then a Paste in the destination. But copying lots of little file all at once is a slow operation. I would recommend using 7-zip or WinZip and zipping up the entire thing and then moving that to the new location as your backup copy. Even though it is close to the same total size, copying one large file is much faster than lots of small one because of the need of the low-level OS to keep track of where each file is physically located on your disk.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ringfinger View Post
    My main PC is my laptop, so it may travel. I will keep it as is (current library) but also do a shft>open itunes and create one I will call "travel", sign into i-tunes and turn on match. Simple enough and I will use that library file when on the road. I assume to choose a specific library file, when I open iTunes I..... (that is a question) ;-)
    The Shift->Open iTunes should let you select an existing library as well as create a new one. iTunes by default opens the most recent library you used, so after travel, you'll need to do the Shift->Open iTunes and select your regular library.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ringfinger View Post
    I'll try your artwork solution. I am assuming when you say delete, I am just deleting from iTunes library and icloud and not deleting from the NAS?
    You don't even need to delete it from the iTunes library. Just from iCloud/iTunes Match. That way when added back to iTunes Match, the file will have the correct artwork and hopefully get picked up correctly.
    Thanked by:
    Ringfinger (11-28-2012)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. New Laptop and itunes doesn't detect iphone 3gs
    By don1950 in forum iPhone 3GS Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-20-2012, 04:23 AM
  2. Tiny Horse HD for iPad a new Magic and surprising game in iTunes
    By jackwillson44 in forum iPhone Apps & Games
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-29-2011, 08:30 AM
  3. new laptop/itunes
    By feesha_bug in forum iTunes
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-19-2011, 07:41 AM
  4. New laptop, new itunes?
    By Dawkins Bull-Terrier in forum iTunes
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-16-2010, 07:07 AM
  5. iTunes/new laptop
    By idontlikeonions in forum iTunes
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-08-2010, 12:17 PM

Posting Permissions