iTunes Match, library on network drive
Ok, so I want to migrate my iTunes library from my laptop to my home network drive. I'm trying to make sure I understand how this will work.
1. When I am at work with my laptop and NOT connected to my home network will I be able to stream all the songs that are in iCloud to my computer like I do to my iDevices?
2. When I reconnect same laptop to my home network will iTunes automatically reconnect to my library on the network so I can play the few songs that are NOT in iCloud?
3. Can I point iTunes on 2 different computers to the same iTunes library, even if they have different iTunes accounts/usernames/etc.?
Thanks for your help. I think I understand all this, just want to make sure before I go moving stuff and then can't access anything.
- 10-25-2012, 04:21 PM #2
Re: iTunes Match, library on network drive
re #1 - yes, anything stored to iCloud will stream... #2 yes... but, there may be errors where you might have to "locate" things within iTunes - not really a big deal... #3 - no - libraries are tied to AppleIDs - you might be able to make 2 different computers see & use the one physical library on a network drive... different AppleIDs won't work.
- By texaskd5 in forum iCloudReplies: 1Last Post: 11-25-2011, 10:43 AM
- By Smokeyspop in forum iCloudReplies: 1Last Post: 11-17-2011, 03:05 PM
- By sciteach in forum iTunesReplies: 6Last Post: 11-03-2011, 06:02 PM
- By jeffrey1027 in forum iOS 5Replies: 0Last Post: 09-24-2011, 06:06 AM
- By cjvitek in forum iTunesReplies: 1Last Post: 02-16-2009, 08:40 PM