NEED HELP!!! I need to get my itunes from my laptop (toshiba) to run from my external hard drive

DE25#CB

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
So I've been trying to do this forever and now I'm asking all of you......My Toshiba laptop is almost completely FULL because of my itunes........I need to transfer it to my external hard drive without copying the entire thing to my laptop (the way someone told me to do it) and I want to be able to run it from my external hard drive because its just too big to have on my laptop now. Please someone tell me that there is a simple way to do this.......please help me!!! ;)

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
So I've been trying to do this forever and now I'm asking all of you......My Toshiba laptop is almost completely FULL because of my itunes........I need to transfer it to my external hard drive without copying the entire thing to my laptop (the way someone told me to do it) and I want to be able to run it from my external hard drive because its just too big to have on my laptop now. Please someone tell me that there is a simple way to do this.......please help me!!! ;)

Apple's iTunes support pages has all the directions you could ever need on moving an iTunes library to an external drive. It's not difficult at all.

DE25#CB

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
How would I just export that? I really am not as stupid as I seem on here but this has given me so many issues I would really like to have step by step....thanks so much for all your guys' input. I'll see what I can figure out tonight as well.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The complete Step-by-step instructions can be found HERE. Just scroll down to "Part 2" under "External Drive".

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal